My doctors doesn't belive me

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

My doctors doesn't belive me

Postby BlueBerry » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:26 am

Hey guys

I have got bit problem my doctor who is most pretty good doesn't seem to belive me at the min , Well it basicly my anit drepession I am on I told her I put on weight and it is down to my tablets she didn't belive me she say it cause you feeling better that why I am eaten more and should go see nurse about my weight.

I done some reseach into this anit drepession Miritazine not sure how to spell it but it is down in the leafet in box and all over the web that the common side effect happen to 1 in 10 people is that it increase your apertied and with weight gain.

Now I am surprised about my gp she usely really good but she said it wasn't I mostly can't eat a lot cause my ibs but since I 've been on these tablets wooo I always hungry :crazy:

So I am not sure what to do I think I need to change tablets again but she was one that said these were the best for me, should I show her the leafet in box and take some notice and show her she is soooo wrong and it is down to my tablet see if i can change but theys be my second tablet anit drepession I tryed.

I am worried if i stay on these tablets for much more I could gain ever more weight and my rehue in Jan going go on about my weight again and this not my fault this time , I don't know what too do need some advise :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :shock:

Oh sorry about my spelling but fall sleep with tablets lol lest they put me to sleep lol :clap:
Image Pingo is my middle name :lol:
BlueBerry
UKFM Member

Re: My doctors doesn't belive me

Postby *Lisa* » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:34 am

Another idea is tp pop into your local chemist and ask the pharmacist about the meds you are on and the weight gain...

If they confirm that yes it is a possible side effect then go back to GP for a further talk
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby denys » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:04 am

Hi Blueberry I agree with Lisa, it is true that you eat more so put weight on but its from the tabs so go back and insist she changes them :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:21 pm

Hi Blueberry

Alot of our meds do list weight gain as side effects and it can be very hard to control our weight as we cant exercise as much as we would like due to the pain we are in.

Try to snack on healthy foods like carrot sticks or cereal bars.

Ask your GP if they is another type of med that will be better suited to you with less side effects.

I know how you feel, i put on almost 3 stone on Gabapentin and have found it very hard to lose it.

:goodluck1: hope you find something that helps. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Bradshaw » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:44 am

Well I am really thankful to all of you for sharing nice and interesting information which is really helpful for me . Keep going to share such a lovely information at all. Thanks again for nice posts .
Bradshaw
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:50 am

Bradshaw wrote:Well I am really thankful to all of you for sharing nice and interesting information which is really helpful for me . Keep going to share such a lovely information at all. Thanks again for nice posts .

Whilst it's nice to hear that people find what is posted on here interesting and helpful, it's usually because they have come acrodd something that has helped them. Would you like to share with us something you have found to be
nice and interesting
and would be of benefit to us FM-ers.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Doctors & Health Services