Admitted for hydro/physio/occupational therapy

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Admitted for hydro/physio/occupational therapy

Postby pained mummy » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:38 am

Hi there...im a newbie here but diagnosed in 2006 with Lupus SLE & 2007 with Fibromyalgia, firstly introducing myself on the introduction page....

I am being admitted in to Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge next Monday, for 2 weeks but allowed to go home on the Friday pm until midday Monday...the hospital is 190 mile round trip for me & im not going to be able to see my 3 & 4 year old D/S's or my wonderful D/H until Fri pm...so feeling a bit low at the moment!!

I see my rheumotologist Dr Shenkar about every 6-9 months & i have put off this hospital stay for the past 3 years as the time is not good for me....but i had no choice this time :( Leaving my boys is really tearing me apart, which inturn if im not careful will cause a flare up!!

Im being admitted for hydro/physio & occupational therapy....has anybody else ever been admitted for this? Maybe even at this particular hospital? Im really wanting to know what my stay entails & whether its completely differant to normal hospital wards etc....i have been in hospital that many times, im hoping & praying that things will be a little more relaxed there. xx
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Made paragraphs clearer
pained mummy
UKFM Newbie

Re: Admitted for hydro/physio/occupational therapy

Postby disco dancing kar » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:08 am

Hi painted mummy i am a newbie too :wave: i have had ME for 20 years and fribro for 2 years diagnoised for 1 years. I am waiting for the docs to send me to reumy,have been to private pain clinic,no support just less money in pocket. Hope all goes well at hydro,physio etc .Sorry your had a lot to put up with. :goodluck1: disco daning kar.
disco dancing kar
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:05 pm

Sorry Shelley, I've not had experience of anything like you'll be going when you are admitted. It might be worth giving them a ring and see if you can speak to someone about it, they may have info about it that could answer any questions you have.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:33 pm

Agree with Fluppy not had any experience either but ringing them for some clarification may help put your mind at rest and if things work out well for you it will be worth the stay as you will go home a newly energised mummy for your boys :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: and :goodluck1: :goodluck1:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby pained mummy » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:27 am

Thankyou so much for your replies & i will try to remember to space my paragraphs more :oops: or i will get my knuckles wrapped :lol: not a good start for a newbie!! :|

I did give Addenbrookes a call today to get a feel for what the ward is like...its a PSSU (Patient short stay unit)
Ward is open Monday to Friday 8pm...so D/H will pick me up on friday pm & then i go back on a Monday am...so not too bad.

Apparantly it is a relaxed ward & people tend to say that they would be glad to go back on there again!!!

Phone by the bed & i can use my mobile if i wanted...so at least i can call home when i want....when i told D/H he did this :roll: charming!!! :lol: xx
pained mummy
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:31 am

I could come over all "Good, I'm pleased to hear you have learned from your mistake" but that's not me at all, so I'll just be my usual divvy self instead :crazy: :crazy: 8) 8)

It sounds like a good place to be going to. Hopefully the treatments you'll be having will make a huge difference to you and you'll go home so reinvigorated that your 2 boys will be running after you instead :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: Well, maybe not quite that, but feeling much better and brighter :clap: :clap: :clap:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:50 am

It definitely sounds a good place to be going for treatment so :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: and :goodluck1: :goodluck1: :goodluck1:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:06 pm

:goodluck1: with your hospital stay Shelley. :hugs: :flowers:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Doctors & Health Services