frustrated with docs

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

frustrated with docs

Postby disco dancing kar » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:21 pm

HI everyone :wave: feeling fed up :( D :yikes: oes anyone feel the same when leaving your docs? Been trying to get my docs to send me to rhemy.Took mum inlaw with me to surgery last week for back up,because i have been having to go private,i do not work,cannot get benefit and others have been helping pay for my treatments,which i hate as i am very independant.Had to have more bloods done last week,and docs said they would send me to rhemy then.Had to see him yesterday about bloods,iron level still high,3 time done it,my vitamin d very low, wants to put me on vitamin d for a month.Tried to talk about rhemy,palmed me of again with taking vitamins and said it would proberly take all my symtoms away.I had 20 years of docs with ME and 2 years fibro with no help at all. At this moment i have felt my weakest,spots,coldsores,feeling dizzy and very weak just wanting to scream :yikes: but having to carry on like your fine as usual.Some times you feel why me, nothing goes write all the time,I see people it seems to fall in there laps.I do not want people to feel sorry for me,I get on fine in my own way,there are worse people out there suffering. Sorrry to rant my point is that i only wanted to speak to someone who could help,understand,give me a bit of support about fribro, who knew how tyo treat it.Long story short is that i am giving the vitamins a month like docs said, i am on gabapentin and amitripyline which help as well, then i am going to be more stronger with myself and change docs if get no joy. :shooting: Well hope everyone has a good weekend bye for now karen.
disco dancing kar
UKFM Member

Re: frustrated with docs

Postby denys » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:54 pm

I would start looking at changing docs as soon as you can, as you have to have faith in your doc. Why are they putting off referring you as it takes time for a referral to come through and in the mean time you could be trying the vitamins etc. If they work then you can cancel the appointment, but the way you are at the moment you then have to wait even longer and suffer more than necessary :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: with the vitamins :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:02 pm

Hi
Why have you been having to go private?
Do you not have a supporting NHS GP? who could refer you to see a Rheumy? Having an understanding doc makes a big difference with fibro, if you haven't got the support i would change docs now. Sounds like this private doc wants your money. :hugs:

Hope the vitamins work.

:goodluck1: :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Miranda1987 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:28 pm

Hi Karen,

I'm so sorry you sound like you're having such a hard time with your GP hun, I had the same thing in my case over the past few months. Like everyone says, try to find a more sympathetic GP who will treat you as you should be treated with fibro.

In my case, I wouldn't say that I have a sympathetic GP (yet! still looking! :) ), but I basically made a pain of myself until they agreed to refer me. My OH came with me every time I went to the doctors, and and I tried to see different doctors to see if it would be different with any of them. I went in every time I felt a little bit worse, or much worse. I was prescribed painkillers only for ages, they made me sick, then it was 'stress', etc.etc......

Eventually, the last GP I went to see (who is the practice manager, not sure if that is the right term though), begrudgingly said he would refer me, although 'no diagnosis can be made, fibromyalgia is just a term we use when we can't work out what's wrong with you, it's not an actual illness.' Yeah, ok doc, I'm sure you refer everyone you think isn't ill??????

So basically, exactly what the others have said, find yourself a more sympathetic GP, and failing that, make an absolute pain of yourself with them until they give in and refer you. :D

Hope you get referred soon hun, :goodluck2: :hugs:
You only regret the things you haven't done in life-so do everything you can! :D

That's right, I said fibromyalgia is a bain in my pottom!.........Oh, wait!
Miranda1987
UKFM Member

Postby disco dancing kar » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:12 pm

Thanks all i will have to try to be bit more of a tiger and not a pussy cat :cat1: when see docs in a month.Hope all goes well for you as well miranda :goodluck1: bye for now karen.
disco dancing kar
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services