blood preasure test for fibro

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby tonydin » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:10 pm

dont know if this is new , but i only just came across it ,, they now think that if a paiant feels pain while a blood pressure cuff is being inflated , it is a good positive indicator of fybromyalgia 70% of fm sufferers said it hurt and only 9% of RA OR OA sufferers fealt it did.

this my be used now in the dx of fibro??

i always thought it hurt everyone not just me :banghead: :banghead: :crazy:

tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby Bobbi08 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:18 pm

Hi Tony

My readings hurt but only in one arm, I get monitored in both arms as my readings are so different.

When I asked about why it hurts in one and not the other the Rhuemy nurse said it's because of the high blood pressure she did explain why but brain fog has got the better of me!!! I don't have fibro (they dx me last year but turned out to be wrong)

My mum has incredibly high blood pressure and it hurts her as well but she doesn't suffer with fibro either.

But saying all of that it might be the case you never know what might pop up to help dx fibro more easily.
Bobbi08
UKFM Member

Re: blood preasure test for fibro

Postby Azz » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:36 pm

tonydin wrote:
i always thought it hurt everyone not just me :banghead: :banghead: :crazy:

tony

Me too, never even stopped to think if it was normal to be in so much pain when they inflated it :roll:
Hannah xx

To live life to the full, is to be true to myself. By being true to myself I live life to the full :)
Azz
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:53 pm

http://www.ei-resource.org/news/fibromyalgia-news/simple-blood-pressure-test-could-diagnose-fibromyalgia/
I found this linky about blood pressure checks being an indicator for FM, but it dates back to early 2007. Aside from a few other mentions about the idea, I can't see anything saying that it is being explored further, but that doesn't mean it isn't still being looked into Tony :dunno: :dunno:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby tonydin » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:29 pm

flupp you are the queen of the linky :chicken-dance:

dident the boy do well sunday :f1-car: timed the fuel to perfection , i think hes much more techincal driver now than lewis who now apperrs to hot headed
:twodrinking2:
yony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:10 pm

Hope it's another one for him this weekend as well :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :f1-car: :f1-car: He really is the better of the 2 this year. I wasn't so sure last season as he didn't want to come out and acknowledge the fans at Silverstone when we went to see the race, but this season the roles are very definitely reversed :f1-car: :f1-car:

I like hunting for the linkys to things, you never know what you'll come across, and it's a way to see what is happening with things that we might not have thought or heard about before :clap: :clap: :clap:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Doctors & Health Services