Yippeeeeeeeee!

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Yippeeeeeeeee!

Postby Jan42 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:02 am

Hi everyone :wave:
Apologies if I've posted in the wrong place but for once I have some good news! :woot: :woot:
I went for my first treatment programme session last wednesday (I only waited a year for it after dx of M.E) anyway the session was very hard going but had a good outcome.
Whilst discussing my health etc I haad mentioned that I thought I may have fibro too, as there are pains I get that I never associated with the m.e when I was asked to palce on the diagramme all places that I hurt. The pains I had I've had for years and have just recently started to get more intense & more often plus there are others that have started to occur.
I also mentioned about my doc not being helpful, she won't sort out any meds without the m.e clinic suggesting they might help dispite my saying the antideps don't work and the pains I get never go by using ibuprofen & paracetamol combi. & when the migrains start even migralieve doesn't touch it! Plus I lost all faith in her when after 2 1/2yrs of having m.e and seeing this doc she asked'so what is it like for you on a bad day, I have nothing in your notes' :swear1:and she has been asked to do a report for my dla tribunal that is in 3 weeks time!!!!

The lovely woman I spoke to during my session said she agreed I needed some help with pain management, though she couldn't say if these other pains were m.e or fibro & she can't sort med for me....however she said she would try her very best to get me to the consultant doc that works with the clinic to try sort out meds and possibly help with my tribunal, plus he would be able to help clarify my dx & say whether I have fibro or not.

I was delighted with this progress, but was warned not to get my hopes up just in case...
Well this wednesday I went for my 2nd session, and I was told I have my referal :woot: :woot: ....but not to get hopes up about how soon I could get in to see him as he only holds 20 clinics a year! However I was down to take the next available cancellation whenever that may be ....

Today I received a phone call.....there has been a cancellation and I've been offered the appointment next thursday :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :woot: woot:

Its the best news I've heard in a long time, if I had the enrgy I'd be dancing & singing from the rooftops at this little ray of light in my tunnel :D :twodrinking2: :chicken-dance:
try to have a smile on my face even if I'm not smiling on the inside
Jan42
UKFM Member

Re: Yippeeeeeeeee!

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:06 am

That's fantastic news for you jan, no wonder you've got mavis dancing for you :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance:
And in such a short time as well :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: Hopefully you'll get some answers about the extra pain and things, as well as being able to start finding a meds regime that does something for you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: Hopefully some of what you discuss will help the report for your DLA tribunal as well :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Sounds like you could have that little spark of brightness that can mean things are starting to change for the better for you :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Jan42 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:03 am

Hi Fluppy :wave:
Yes I think I have been really lucky with this referal & appt coming through so quickly! I'm not used to things going right for me & usually face huge battles to get even one step forward, like walking in quicksand!
This woman I have for my treatment plan programme is fantastic, things seem to be finally moving forward and for the better at last :D
:chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance:
:woot: woot: woot: woot: woot: woot:
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
try to have a smile on my face even if I'm not smiling on the inside
Jan42
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:20 am

Thats great news. :goodluck1: with the appt. :clap: :clap:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Doctors & Health Services