Grrr doctors!!!!

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Grrr doctors!!!!

Postby snowwhite1610 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:20 am

need to ask advice if i have done right with my gp. i was diagnosed with fm in september of this year after months of agonising all over pain. i have had to be signed off work since april. my gp has been putting on my sick note, before diagnosis, stomach and back pain. well since i was dg by consultant at hospital i asked my gp if he could put fibromyalgia as the reason for being signed off. as he had already wrote the note as stomach and back pain i asked him if he could be more specific. he then inserted chronic pain. am i within my rights to send the note back and ask him to re-do it? :dunno: thankyou. xx
snowwhite1610
UKFM Member

Re: Grrr doctors!!!!

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:46 am

:wave: :wave: and :welcome: to the forum :mrgreen:

I've move your post into here as it's a more suitable part of the forum for your topic. I'm afraid I don't know if you can return a sick note and ask for it to be altered and/or redone. You may need to talk to someone else about it, maybe starting with someone like your practice manager :dunno: :dunno: If the note is going backwards and forwards between people with you trying to have things altered, you'll need to make sure it won't be taken as invalid by your employer in case this could have an effect on you being signed off.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: Grrr doctors!!!!

Postby denys » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:57 am

Sorry have no idea, my gp always used to put chronic pain on my sick note :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Doctors & Health Services