[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - What's a Pain Clinic?

What's a Pain Clinic?

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

What's a Pain Clinic?

Postby S-E » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:48 pm

Hi all,

I've heard about Pain Clinics but as much as I google I can't find a pain clinic.

What exactly do they do there? Can they help?

Does anyone know how to find one or even better, know a good one in the West Midlands?

Thanks,

Phoebe xx
S-E
UKFM Member

Re: What's a Pain Clinic?

Postby shazq » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:41 pm

Hi Phoebe

Normally your Gp refers you to a pain clinic.

They are there to help you live with your pain, they can advise you on meds, refer you to physio`s. sort you out Therapy.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby S-E » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:50 pm

S-E
UKFM Member

Postby snowwhite1610 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:27 am

hi. i have been referred to a pain management clinic by my consultant. but the annoying thing is the waiting list. :swear1: !!! so in the meantime i am trying to manage my pain the only way i know. Pacing. but not always easy. i made up my 2 daughters bunk beds on wednesday of last week. its now sunday and i am still in pain. i just hope and pray :fingerscrossed: that the waiting list is not too long. :goodluck2: also my gp is not very good at diagnosing me and still is not sure if i have fm!!! but then he done no pressure point tests or any sort of examination. so he would not give me any info about the clinics. going to see the practise manager tomorrow hopefully .xx
snowwhite1610
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services