Went back to the doctors

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Went back to the doctors

Postby Rachellouise » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:27 am

So I went back to the doctors because of the pain, i wrote all my symtoms down and handed it to the good old doc and guess what he said.... This made me cry I suppose I knee he was going to say something like this .....

Oh my I don't have long to read this, he got half way down it and folded it up and then said what you stressed about.....
Then he went on to say that I was overweight and I should see the dietician and also just carry on taking the tablets he gave me and he was not interested at all he said I had depression, none of what he said made any sense to me and I told him that the anti inflamatry tablets were not working he ignored that he couldn't answer why my arms and wrist and sometimes fingers hurt as well as the rest of my body, in fact he couldn't answer any of my symptoms.

What do I do now I feel like no-one believes me when I say I am poorly.

I have even ordered some wrist braces to see if that helps with the pain.

I feel sooo alone now..
Rachellouise
UKFM Member

Re: Went back to the doctors

Postby loubie » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:15 am

change your GP
you need a GP that knows about FM and has some understanding of it.

it really dose make a world of difference when you find one as a lot on here
will tell you, me included :D

good luck :fingerscrossed: you find one soon
your never alone with this, always someone on here to talk to :hugs:
chin up, we have to fight for what we need :roll: :blowkiss:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:16 am

Have you been diagnosed with fibro?

If yes then he should have taken all symptoms seriously and offered some help, if not then he should really have had all symptoms assessed by a consultant (rhuemi)

Depression & anxiety have very simular symptoms and i myself many moons ago was told all symptoms was down to my anxiety. It was only when the physiotherapist noted to my GP that my constant pain and stiffness was not normal that i was properly investigated and diagnosed.

Many fibro spend years back and forth with symptoms before a diagnoses is given.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby ribbons » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:45 am

yes you should change gp but you should also complain to the practice manager that he is not updated/aware of symptoms of fibro. There was something from the Mayo clinic stating paracetamol and anti inflammatories do not usually work with fm because nothing is actually damaged even tho your body thinks it is , which is why they reccomend things like gabapentin, amityrptyline etc
ribbons
UKFM Member

Postby fibro-lu » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:27 pm

agree with the others

change gp

you put all the energy to write it down
and he still is not looking?

don't except behaviour like that!

:fingerscrossed:
lu
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby Rachellouise » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:11 am

Thanks guys,

I just don't know which GP to go to now.
Rachellouise
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:43 pm

Is there another GP in your surgery who you could see?
If not i would speak to the practice manager of another surgery before you leave to see if they have any gp`s on their list with fibro patients, or if any of their GP`S are clued up on fibro. :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Doctors & Health Services