[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - told doc Im going private- suddenly diagnosed finally

told doc Im going private- suddenly diagnosed finally

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

told doc Im going private- suddenly diagnosed finally

Postby diddydani » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:53 pm

went back to my GP today and said Id had enough of being fobbed off and I was going private with bupa, that I had extensively researched my meds and sympotms and they suggest FM.

never seen such a back track, after previously telline me Im depressed, just anxious and stressed he said he agreed with me and that going private wasnt necessary. to give my new tablets 2 more weeks, go back and then he'll refer me to a consultant.

My question is , what will the consultant do?

D
diddydani
UKFM Member

Re: told doc Im going private- suddenly diagnosed finally

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:22 pm

If hes refering you to a rhumatologist then they will run bloods, ask your history of health and general life and background, feel for tender arears and trigger points and feel your joints etc if they suspect FM.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby denys » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:56 pm

Agree with Lisa cant think of anything else a consultant would do so :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: and :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby diddydani » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:06 pm

thank you,

will keep you posted

Dx
diddydani
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:34 pm

Hope the rheumi appt isn't too long in coming thru dani and you can get some answers confirmed :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

Just out of curiosity, what are the new meds you're taking?? Reason I'm asking is, depending on what you're taking, some meds can take from a month to 3-4 months to get into your system fully. With you saying about giving them another 2 weeks to see if they help, I was wondering if you had been on them long enough to give them build up and start taking effect???

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby diddydani » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:36 am

Hi fluffy puppy

well.........**deep breath ready for long sentece** I started with neck and shoulder pain in 2008 and saw a sports therapist as initially doc thought is was my job as I work with children , I then started getting migraines so was on pitzotefen and amitryptyline for Ibs, omerprazole for nausea and heartburn, that didnt work so then saw osteopath from 2010 , upped amit to 20mg and was checked for coeliac, appendicitis, gall stones , kidney stones, ovarian cysts and thyroid. by now I was up to seeing osteopath 2 times a month at 50 quid a go, on robaxin for neck and arms and told to take up to 50 mg of amit when I felt I needed to. by july 2011 I was signed of with panic attacks and general fatigue and since then I just got worse, pains were everywhere especially my ribs my skin hurt, I felt like my face was swollen, pins and needles in my hands and feet, literally shivering with cold, night sweats, and the amitryptline was not helping with the fog.

The doctor suggested the amitriptlyine was making my fog worse so switched me to citralopram 2/3 weeks ago and stopped everything other than omeprazole. the fog cleared nearly overnight however I am now not sleeping longer than 4 hours and the sweats and clumsiness are terrible and my arms and legs are just jelly.

I do hope I wont have wait 4 months - its affecting everything, Im self employed so dont get paid for time off , I have 2 children and just cant continue like this :-(

sorry for long post, but when i sit and think how long all this has been going on I really feel like my life is slipping by

Dx
diddydani
UKFM Member

Postby tonydin » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:40 pm

hi well it certianly fits with fibro , so no wonder your gp agreed with you ,, dont get to exited about the consultiant as they will just do lots of bloods maybe some x rays and scans maybe some nerve conduction tests , and when every thing else is ruled out which i would gusse it will be if you fit the diagnostic critera they will dx fibro and then ? hand you back to the care of your gp

But at least you will have a dx pf whats going on which helps oin its self and you cant become completly :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

like the rest of us on here, how ever there is NO :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: quick fix im afriad and you mut come to accept that

:hugs: :hugs:
tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby diddydani » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:16 pm

Other than prescriptions then is it worth going back to GP? Tbh I normally come out feeling worse than when I went in......
diddydani
UKFM Member

Postby animalhouse » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:52 am

have never been on the amis like alot have on here.

i have taken citalopram for about 2 years but rheuym suggested dosulepin at ngith and helps me sleep well. i started on 1 and now take 3 but sleep really good during night and in day i have a nap as well for fatiuge.

it is trial an derror with the meds but i under rheumy can suggest other meds for gps to try.

take care :wave: :wave:

i have waited 2 years nearly for xrays and finally got referred yesterday ..................so hope somthing shows up that is treatable as don;t like to think i could have done somethign to make it better.

--------

just had cancellation so been for xray so hopefully results on wrists in a few days. :)
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby diddydani » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:32 pm

fingers crossed for your results

Dx
diddydani
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:12 pm

Not sure how I've missed what has been posted on here dani :shock: :shock: Apologies for not catching up, think if I put it down to Gremlins as the film was on the other night, then I can get away with it :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sounds like you've been thru the mill a bit (I know it's an understatement :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ) to where you're finally starting to get some answers. A lot of us have been thru it as well, so you have got a lot of company :wave: :wave: :wave:

The amis may have been adding to your fogginess, altho it seems a tad peculiar that you have been taken off virtually everything, then just put on the citalopram :? :? Altho the anti-ds can help with the pain and sleep aspects, I'm not sure how effective the citalopram is on it's own. I know it can take about a month to fully get into your system, so as you've not been on it quite that long, that might be part of the reason why you're not sleeping longer than 4 hours. Were you gradually weaned off your other meds by reducing dosages?? If they were cut down too quickly, that may also be adding to how you're feeling as it has all happened too fast for your body to cope with :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Sticking with the GP isn't and easy one to say yay or nay to :facepalm: :facepalm: It's not just the prescription side of things to consider, there's also the way your problems have been handled, availability of services etc. Have you tried any of the other ones at your surgery to see if they are any more helpful than the one you currently seen???

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby diddydani » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:16 pm

diddydani
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:03 am

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: her replacement will be more FM friendly :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Doctors & Health Services