A month and still waiting!!!

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

A month and still waiting!!!

Postby livermore » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:14 pm

HI everone,

Havent posted on here for a while, i came off my painkillers back in sept as i was tring for a baby(still am and no luck so far)and was ok for a while but am in pain again now. About a month ago i went to docs to see if they could help me with any sort of pain relief even tho i wasnt too bad back then and had to see a different gp to my normal one. She was nice enough but she culdnt really help as she doesnt want me too take anything if im tring to concieve which i kind of thought but she did suggest a support group and told me she would look into it for me and would get back to me, well one month later and no call about any support dont know if i should go back or not. Ive been so many times to gps and hospital docs that i kind of give up a bit no one seems to really be able to help me feel very alone espacially as the pain is back big time and im still working full time. Sorry to moan.

Michelle. x
livermore
UKFM Member

Re: A month and still waiting!!!

Postby shazq » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:05 pm

Hi
Have you tried things like a Tens machine, wheat bags and hot water bottles to help with your pain? and hot baths.

It might be worth you going back to visit your GP to find out if there is anything safe for you to take while trying to conceive, there might be some natural things you could take from the health stores but check with your GP before taking anything.

Here is a link to some support groups which might help. if not try googling support groups in your area. :goodluck1:

http://www.ukfibromyalgia.com/fm-suppor ... roups.html
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby livermore » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:24 pm

Thank you, i do love a hot bath and will have to dig out my hot water bottle that did use to help and have some heat packs somewhere that my mum bought me but have never heard of a tens machine what is this??Will prob head back to docs at sum point try and see my own gp.
Michelle. x
livermore
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:25 pm

Hi
Here is a link that will explain what a Tens machine will do, you can use them all over your body.

They are cheaper to buy online, if you do a google shop search you will get lots come up. I have had mine for around 4yrs now and had no problems with it, the make is 1st choice, i would go for a 4 pad one though as they cover a wider area if you do get one.

http://www.physiotherapystore.com/Tens- ... tAodo2Itmg
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby buxbunny » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:17 am

well my councillor told me you can get tens machine free from gp or they order one for pain suffers and pregnant women although i asked and got told go away.

Don't be embarrassed to keep going back maybe after while they my take you more seriously.

Best of luck help and concieving!
Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.
buxbunny
UKFM Member

Postby DJG88 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:24 pm

Hi

I am not sure if this helps. I was on codeine when I got pregnant with my last child. I stopped when I found out I was pregnant but the pain was so great that I was in tears most days. I went to see my lovely OBE/GYN who told me it was okay to continue on with the codeine. My daughter is turning three next week and is perfectly fine.

Take care
D
DJG88
UKFM Member

Postby livermore » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:01 pm

Thanks everyone its so nice to have some support from somewhere, i think i will go back and speak to my doc in jan as i have a week off work then and should b able to see him. Thank you for the luck concieving i know its only been 6 months but im starting to worry a bit now, silly tho i know it can take some time.

Michelle. x
livermore
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:35 pm

It can take time Michelle, and other things like stress/worry can have an effect as well. If you're able, try to keep the baby conception bit at the back of your mind, as the more you concentrate and think about it, the more mechanical it becomes. Instead try to enjoy the closeness and pleasure of things. Hopefully things will happen when you are least expecting them :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby loubie » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:17 am

aw hope you get some pain relief soon
and :fingerscrossed: for patter of little feet :xmaswave1:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby DJG88 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:01 pm

Hi Michelle

It will happen, and I can assure you that stress can really play a big part in it. My husband and I tried for 7 years so every month I was taking my temperature, doing tests etc, we then had ICSI (a form of IVF) which didn't work. Then one day I woke up and decided I wasn't go to try anymore, guess what I was pregnant within two months.

Take care
D
DJG88
UKFM Member

Postby livermore » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:18 pm

Thanks again everyone i know you are all right im guna just try and not let it stress me for a bit as we have got builders in at the mo building me an extension on my lovely home so guna concentrate on getting that done and think about babies after that. Guna try and go see my doc sometime over the xmas period when im off work see if he can help with things.

Michelle. x
livermore
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:50 pm

:fingerscrossed: Michelle :hugs:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby livermore » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:35 pm

Just thought id update and let you all know that i went to the docs on monday morn and he is running sum blood tests to see if i ovulate and sum other stuff i cant remember he is such a fab doc always listens to me and takes me seriously im very glad to have found a good one. Fingers crossed it will all be ok .

Michelle. x
livermore
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services