Dreadful dr

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Dreadful dr

Postby Jojostar » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:19 pm

Hi,don't really know where to start my dr is awful so bad vie wrote a letter of complaint in against him,he rolls his eyes at me,and totally dismisses any symptoms I have.he is especially bad with people with depression,he wrote me a letter back denying it all too long to go into but came out in tears after he said my family were dead and to get on with it.anyway was discussing with another practise manager about changing to their surgery when she looked at my medication she said I'd b better off staying where I am,and just avoiding the dr in question.she said at her surgery they wouldn't be able to give me the same medication that I'm on now.am really stuck as I'm worried incase I'm left high and dry if I go sonewere else xx
Jojostar
UKFM Member

Re: Dreadful dr

Postby ribbons » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:11 pm

is there another Dr at the practice you can see instead?
ribbons
UKFM Member

Postby Tricia_TD » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:18 pm

Is there another Practice you can join, apart from the one who doesn't do your meds? Either that, or when you make an appointment at your surgery, just say that you don't want that particular GP. That's what I do with the Practice I'm in.

Tricia
Endometriosis ~ Depression ~ Anxiety ~ Sleep Apnoea ~ Fibromyalgia

http://endosistersuk.freeforums.org/index.php Worldwide Endometriosis Support Forum
Tricia_TD
UKFM Member

Postby newey » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:47 pm

i was gonna say the same just ask 2 c a different doctor and if u find one u feel comfy with then make a point of always seein the same doctor thats wot i do most practices recommend u see the same doctor for ongoin medical problems :fingerscrossed: hope u soon find a good doctor its hard enough copin with all the different problems without ur doctor not even believein u :goodluck2: and :santchimney1: :snowman1: :xmaswave1:
newey
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:37 pm

Sorry to hear what you're going thru with your "GP" jojo :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: I think you need to get in touch with our areas' PALS about this, seeing as your written complaint has been disregarded in such a contemptible way. Linky here to general overview of PALS http://www.pals.nhs.uk/

As for what to do about your treatment, as has already been said, you could stay where you are but avoid seeing this "GP", or you could try and find another surgery who will be able to continue with your treatment in an understanding and helpful way. Maybe ask if they have a particular doc who has experience of dealing with things like FM.

He should know that the way to gain respect, regard from people is to treat them all in a manner that he would expect to be treated. If you were to go in and be an abusive patient, I bet he'd be throwing everything possible at you to get rid of you, so he should expect that if he doesn't treat his patients in a suitable manner, then there will eventually be consequences to his actions :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Time to get off my soapbox now, it's a bit high and I've gone a bit :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Ldyalb » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:16 pm

I can't suggest anything else but wanted to give you some massive :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:38 am

I agree with Fluppy write to PALS and complain, did you address the letter to the practice manager or him??? as he shouldnt just write to you denying everything, you've made a complaint and it should be taken seriously. I can understand you not wanting to see him again and I totally agree that you should see someone else as you need to have faith in your doc. :fingerscrossed: you find a decent one and :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:54 pm

Hi
Hope you are able to see another GP in your surgery. :hugs: :goodluck1:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Jojostar » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:09 pm

Hi,thanks everyone im still at my surgery im just stsying away from him,in meantime am looking for another practice.although sometimes better the devil u know.the problem is that none of them are fibro friendly so am at odds what to do.ill wait and see what new year brings xxxI
Jojostar
UKFM Member

Postby Jojostar » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:18 pm

Denys, I addressed the letter to the practice manager and she passed it onto him without even reading it,I rang her when I got his reply in which he denied all knowledge of wrongdoing,she said she just passed it on,I told her I wasn't happy with his reply and that I'd hardly make it up and that my oh goes in with me now just in case.he had the cheek to imply that because I'm depressed that I imagined it and would be better finding a new dr as we've no trust between us.she said she would take it further with him..don't want him tarred and feathered just to be more sensitive to patients..he's definitely in the wrong proffession.my dad went to see him a few years ago after mum died and asked for some antidepressants as he was feeling so low..dr said I thought u were a man of faith take comfort from that..my dads not a man of faith (he's lost wife and 2children last lit of years)he wouldn't give dad anything he had to go and see another dr so it's not just me that has problems with him ..sorry for rant luv xxxx
Jojostar
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:22 pm

Dont be sorry, you have every right to rant, sounds like a right insensitive p***k :hugs:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Ldyalb » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:03 pm

denys wrote:Dont be sorry, you have every right to rant, sounds like a right insensitive p***k :hugs:

this completely.

Why do uncaring people enter caring professions? Just because you've got the brains to be a Dr doesn't mean you should be one if you're uncaring and have no bedside manner!
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Return to Doctors & Health Services