Got diagnosed finaly

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Got diagnosed finaly

Postby buxbunny » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:50 pm

YAy. I didn't have to kill me ruemy .

I went to my appointment yesterday strapped with a thick back pack with alot of information on FM, pain dairy, reports, referalls etc. but my secret weapon...
... My partner! HA he was not expecting that I think it caught him off guard and no more fobbing off or low blow remarks!
It also good for moral esteem and if i forget mention anything as we do as well as a witness if anything goes south ready to back my corner.
Surprisingly it went well he skimmed through my notes and added to my file although he made out he never knew i had a daughter or partner. lol. I told him my councillor says i have FM and he was like yes the list of symptoms pointing towards that and then pressure point exam which he then said oh you never had them before so i ruled out FM but yes you have it! As we turned to leave he added please don't loose hope ou have to be optimistic in getting better.

So now i have see a psyiotherapist as exercise is vital. (i know its important to keep moving but i highly doubt i can excercise and i used to be gym rat.)
Continue counselling and take the CBT on offer.
Stay optimistic because I will get better.(to be honest anything other then current state is better.)

Although i am happy that i'm diagnosed and its not about struggling to prove i'm not well anymore, i still feel quite empty like nothing changed since nothing has but hopefully i can get better.

Best of luck those still looking for diagnosis and getting medical profession on your side.
I hope my techniques can help you as next its time to take on Department of Work and Pensions for DLA Appeal.
Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.
buxbunny
UKFM Member

Re: Got diagnosed finaly

Postby shazq » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:53 pm

Glad you now have the answers. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:01 pm

Good to hear you finally have an answer :xmaswave1: :xmaswave1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Ldyalb » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:17 pm

Brilliant news :-D

I also find medical appointments go better when someone else is there. I think it's worse when we're young (I think you said you were also early 20s?) as I find Drs, especially older Drs, tend to dismiss me a bit.

My current GP was brilliant when me and Mum saw him together, ok when just me and brilliant when it was me and Dad today.

Glad you have the 'proof' as it were that there's a name to what's been causing you your problems.

I actually found Physio reasonably helpful, the 'exercises' were actually stretches which do help with the stiffness a bit. We did try some Pilates but it triggered off Costo in me every time so we went back to stretching. Hydro I found was the best so you may be able to get your Physio to refer you to that if you find Physio hard to do, that's what mine did with me.
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:47 am

Glad you finally got some answers :hugs:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Doctors & Health Services