doctor no help with dwp

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

doctor no help with dwp

Postby animalhouse » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:18 pm

just been turned down again becasue of gp report.

when i asked for copy it said@

mobility, gait, balance: not known as no examination or information recorded. :shock: :shock: :shock:

this guy has been prescribing me strong pain killers for past year codeine, gabapentin, sleeping pills etc but does not know anything about me or cant be bothered to ask, even though i rang drs and said dwp would be writing to them and i sent infomraiton in how it affected my everyday care/mobility needs.

:-x :-x :-x :-x
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Re: doctor no help with dwp

Postby denys » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:27 pm

Was it your doc who wrote it or a secretary??? Sometimes the doc doesnt even know whats been written in it they just sign!!!!
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:35 pm

Sorry to hear that, ask to see the copy and appeal it. :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby sjc » Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:06 pm

Hi there, that must be frustrating to be having issues with getting DLA, because of your doctor's bothering to provide accurate information about you. When I renewed by dla claim in the summer, I directly spoke to two of the gp's directly that kind of knew me and asked them to deal with my dla directly if they recieved any medical reports to fill in - luckily, I got one of the gp's rang back to fill in the medical report over the phone, so I ended up getting DLA as a result - When you phone up the doctor's, do you talk directly to the GP/doctor who needs to fill in the report or do you just speak to the secetary? I would directly speak to the doctor themselves. Take care and all the best.... :-)
Sick of being sick, if you know what I mean. Anger keeps me going! I love campaigning for the rights of those with hidden disabilities. Enjoys talking to other like minded people - well, if you are sane, anyway :)
sjc
UKFM Member

Postby maz 2k7 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:33 am

Hi iv been turned down for dla recently,i went to a cab office he said to appeal said i had to claim legal aid he wrote to dwp asked them for my doctors report which i recieved a copy yesturday,the guy at the cab phoned me and said it was better he didnt take it any further because my doctors report,when i read the report i found that my doctor hadnt put half the things down that was troubling me,he didnt tell them i have poor balance that i dont sleep at night properly i need some one with me when im out because of falling,and i have to lifted out the bath as i cannot get out of it on my own,The doctor never put any of this down on the report,the cab said i can continue with the appeal on my own if i wish but they will take into concideration what my doctor has put,basically my doctor said i dont need any help,i feel hes made me look a fool.Even my friend said the doctor hasnt put anything down its as if they dont listen to there patients,
maz 2k7
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:49 am

Maz if I were you I would take it up with your doc and ask them why they have left so much off the report, make sure it was actually written by your doc and not by another doctor in the practice or by a secretary :?: :?:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:34 pm

Hi Maz
I agree with Denys, make an appt with your GP and explain to them that you have read their report and you were not happy about it and let them know you plan to appeal and will they back you up, sometimes its not your GP who fills in the form so its worth going to have a chat. :goodluck1:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Doctors & Health Services