Doctor gave me new tablets

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Doctor gave me new tablets

Postby BlueBerry » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:16 pm

Hey all

I just went doctors last week lovely woman only seen her once before and I found out the anit drepession I was on was the wrong once I was like final someone belives me that this tablet was make me eat more.

So she put me on Fluoxetine 20 mg now I got really bad problem with this I have notice since I have been take it my restless legs are worse and my fm is worse :( :(

But this tablet has stop me feeling hungry all time and I am sleeping really good my mood not much change but I am little worryed about the restless legs and it is one those common side affect after reading about it.

Not sure what to do I got go back in months time but I am over moon back normal eaten and a bit more sleep but the pain :roll: :roll:
Image Pingo is my middle name :lol:
BlueBerry
UKFM Member

Re: Doctor gave me new tablets

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:27 pm

Give them a bit more time Blueberry and see what happens with them. As you get them into your system, things could start to settle back down. They need a good few weeks to get into your system, so by the time you go for your next appt, hopefully you'll have a better idea of how you are with them.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Tricia_TD » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:35 pm

Anti-depressants can take up to 8 weeks to properly get into your system, so stick with it until you next see your GP. Fluoxetine is known to cause anxiety in some people, so I would ask your GP about that if you start to feel more anxious.

I hope you start to feel better soon.

Tricia
Endometriosis ~ Depression ~ Anxiety ~ Sleep Apnoea ~ Fibromyalgia

http://endosistersuk.freeforums.org/index.php Worldwide Endometriosis Support Forum
Tricia_TD
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:45 am

:fingerscrossed: blueberry hope they settle and you feel better on them soon :hugs:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:02 pm

:fingerscrossed: from me too, hope they settle down soon Blueberry :fingerscrossed: :goodluck1:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby BlueBerry » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:23 am

Thanks guys still not settle down yet but I am not gave up on these tablets guess it good thing i am not eat a lot :lol: :lol:
Image Pingo is my middle name :lol:
BlueBerry
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services