Chiropractor?

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Chiropractor?

Postby Bellalina » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:09 am

Does any one see a chiropractor on regular basis and does it help?
I have a monthly massage therapy which seems to help a lot. Lately I keep getting recommendations to see a chiropractor. They are not covered by my insurance so I wonder if it would be worth spending the money.
Bellalina
UKFM Member

Re: Chiropractor?

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:13 am

With something like a chiropractor it's not easy to say if seeing one will or won't help as we all react so very differently to things. Some have found it has helped them, whilst others have said it doesn't :-? :-? :dunno: :dunno:

The only way to find out will be to try one and see what happens I'm afraid :dunno: :dunno:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Nellyphant » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:54 am

I agree with Fluppy, you should see one and see what they say. I went a few months ago and they said that there's nothing wrong mechanically with me so they couldn't help me.
Nellyphant
UKFM Member

Postby sailor-ichigo » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:32 am

thats the problem, chiropractors are more geared toward bones- fibro is muscle and nerve issues! i dont think i would bother. things like that need lots of sessions too- try other treatments first!
Charlotte x
sailor-ichigo
UKFM Member

Chiropractor?

Postby Bellalina » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:09 am

I heard about the bones, my friend though believes that if the spine is not in order your nerves won't either, that's why she recommends chiropractic!
I'm kind of desperate, pain meds won't help me - I have some medication absorption issue anyways. No matter what pain med they try me on, the barely help. If they help I have other serious side effects!
Bellalina
UKFM Member

Postby jean » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:02 pm

just about to log off when I noticed your post. I went to see a Chiropractor before I was diagnosed with FM. I told her the reason for my visit which was not the aches and pains I had but an entirely different health issue. I went to see her each afternoon for one week and I found no improvement but was willing to give it a fair crack of the whip. On my last visit she placed her hands on different parts of my body and pushed down. Each place really, really hurt, enough to make me flinch. She totally ignored this and carried on. When i got home I was in so much pain it was then I decided to ask the doctor ....again what is causing these aches and pains and why does it hurt when someone presses down on me. Then I was diagnosed with FM. I cannot speak about the practice of manipulation but I fear if a qualified person does not recognise symptoms like ours, there is something wrong. Best of luck. Jean
jean
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services