[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - My first rheumy appointment

My first rheumy appointment

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

My first rheumy appointment

Postby lolabolla » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:50 pm

I saw my rhuemy for the first time yesterday though I already have a diagnosis from my GP and Neurologist for CFS and FM.
My Rheumatologist asked me lots of questions, some that I couldn't see were relevent to FM but she is the expert of course. I had the usual physical examination, which I am still suffering from :cry:
She agrees with the FM and CFS diagnosis, then goes on to say I also have Hypermobility and flat feet :shock: I honestly thought that being quite 'bendy' was normal, apparantly not! and I honestly don't know when my feet went 'flat' :shock:
I also had to have some more bloods and x-rays done on my lower back and hips yesterday. I will be having an MRI scan on my spine shortly also referal to the pain clinic and she has written a letter for my GP re upping meds and starting Butran patches.
Am I satisfied with my treatment??? Yes very satisfied so far, it's so nice to be able to give you all my positive news.
I sincerely wish all of you will have such positive experiences too. :fingerscrossed:

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Re: My first rheumy appointment

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:54 pm

It's always good to hear about someone having a decent appt, it helps us remember that there are some decent human beings floating around the NHS :-D :-D

Hopefully when you get on the new meds things will be better for you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:55 pm

Great to hear about your positive experience :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D Its always good to hear good news :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby lolabolla » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:42 pm

Thanks guys.

To be honest I think that I was still in denial befor I saw my Rheumatologist yesterday. At least I now have some positive treatment to look forward to.

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby lolabolla » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:09 pm

Well...........I had a call from the MRI dept late yesterday afternoon. Someone had cancelled and would I like to have my MRI done today. Yes please. Booked appointment for today at 3.20 and now home after scan, wrapped up warm with a :wine:
Just waiting results now..............how fast was that???

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:13 pm

supersonic :lol: :lol: :lol:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Doctors & Health Services