GP or doctors are sometimes inconsiderate...GRRRR!

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

GP or doctors are sometimes inconsiderate...GRRRR!

Postby sjc » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:54 pm

:evil: Has anybody else had an inconsiderate GP or doctor for that matter? I went to see my local GP today, to ask them to have a review into my medical problems and hopefully find a better way of overcoming the issues I face with them - simple thing you may think.....But I had to wait an annoying hour at the surgery because the computer systems was down and the GP had a back log of patients to deal with....

But once I got into the medical room, the GP was very inconsiderate indeed. She basically told me that I must take more responsibility with my medical problems problems, even though I done a brilliant job of looking of myself...Most people with what I have had to deal with wouldn't have coped at all. She then went on to say that I should attend all of my appointments, even though I told her that somedays, I am housebound or cannot travel far to places because of my conditions - but she wasn't interested. :crazy:

As you can imagine, I was so annoyed by her arrogance and insensitive attitude towards me - why do GP's talk to patients like c**p? I literally got up halfway the meeting, and stormed off....Never done that before in my life with a medical professional, but there always a first. I don't mind people having an opinion, but GP's should says things with more consideration. :cry: Fed up of these so called GP's poor attitude, yet if the patient behaved in such a poor manner, we can struck of the gp medical register.
Sick of being sick, if you know what I mean. Anger keeps me going! I love campaigning for the rights of those with hidden disabilities. Enjoys talking to other like minded people - well, if you are sane, anyway :)
sjc
UKFM Member

Re: GP or doctors are sometimes inconsiderate...GRRRR!

Postby ribbons » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:40 pm

Complain to the practice manager , you should be treated with respect.

by the way if the computers go down at my Gp's they just close shop.
ribbons
UKFM Member

Postby Roseofsharon » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:53 am

I agree with Ribbons, complain to the practice manager.
Roseofsharon
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:26 pm

Agree complain, she shouldn't of taken her bad mood out on you. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby sjc » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:56 pm

Hi there, thanks for your reply....

I have managed to send quite a detailed e-mail to the practice manager, as I was absolutely outraged....Bascially I sent the manager an e-mail before I saw her and said that I am finding a gp at the practice who understands my needs, as some of the GP's who did respect me has now left...All I was trying to say to my GP practice that previous medications/treatments has not worked and that some GP's need to be more understand and communicate better when seeing patients like me, but I never said anything horrible about them..... :-?

I just wanted to start a fresh with my GP surgery and try new approach....You think that would be fairly simple, wouldn't you...But this particular GP who I saw was very stroppy indeed, and she was like a spoilt brat because I was being honest....I literally walked out of the meeting that day, because I was really annoyed....Why should we as patients put up with irritating, poncy GP's who are inconsiderate.... :evil:

Some GP's maybe very good and professional, but some of them do annoy me, as they get paid thousands of pounds to do a wonderful job, yet they have no compassion at all....I know alot of people moan about some of areas of the NHS, but sadly some people never do anything about it, so sadly things don't get reported....I have always been a person that speaks my mind and wants things to be better, but sadly, I don't think some staff from the NHS like honest people. LOL. :-D

Thanks for listening folks.
Sick of being sick, if you know what I mean. Anger keeps me going! I love campaigning for the rights of those with hidden disabilities. Enjoys talking to other like minded people - well, if you are sane, anyway :)
sjc
UKFM Member

Postby oopseydaisey » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:56 am

this story babes is all to familiar to me, complain, as the other wonderful ladies have said and if all else fails move g.p practices...stay strong, only you know your body, much love x x
When you make a world tolerable for yourself, you make a world tolerable for others.
Anais Nin
oopseydaisey
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services