Doctors so frusting

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Doctors so frusting

Postby coral » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:53 pm

When I went to my GP last week I mentioned that one of the other GP's in the surgery had upped my ami's from 50mg to 60mg and was told that if I didn't find any difference after 2 weeks to up them to 70mg which I did but I couldn't tolerate this amount. Also I have been on Tramodol for about a year but felt really ill when I took them to GP has taken them off me and put me back on Zapain. I mentioned to him that the Rheumatologist I saw last month said that Pregabalin would be worth trying. The GP said that to stay on 60mg of Ami's (which isn't doing anything at all) and that if I am put on Pregabalin then they would stop the AMI's as you can't take both. I was under the impression that you could???????

Get so fed up of conflicting views on Fibro with my GP's. I have one there that everytime I go with a new symptom says "well you do have Fibro after all", then another one says "nothing at all to do with Fibro". Aaarrrrgghhh.

I have had problems with my tongue for the last 2 years, it gets really sore, cracked and white foam on times. I asked the Rheumy about this and he said that he's seen many patients with this alongside sore throats and that it is a part of fibro. Yet the one GP laughs it off and says no such thing. Had blood tests for aneamia, it's not thrush either. I might have it for a month then it will go away and come back. So typical of fibro symtoms and my friend has the same thing and she's got Fibro.
coral
UKFM Member

Re: Doctors so frusting

Postby shazq » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:33 pm

Hi Coral

That sounds confusing when your docs cant agree and your stuck in the middle :-?

Cant you keep to just seeing the one GP all the time? Pick the one who treats you better and understands fibro. :?: :goodluck1:

You can take Ami`s with pregablin, there are lots of people on both.

I get a sore tongue and throat as well which come and go, i have noticed it happens when i am feeling low and in pain so put it down to fibro or crohns in my case.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby loubie » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:35 pm

hi
i take am'es and pregablin i am on 30mg of am'es and 500mg pregablin
so that doc is wrong :roll:
stick with the other one
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby ribbons » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:58 pm

are you sure you have not got oral thrush, you can get it when you are really run down? stick with the doc who knows what meds you can take together x
ribbons
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:18 pm

I get white foam on my tongue too! Been getting it recently (few weeks ago) and just been treated for regular thrush yesterday. I don't get the white foam often but sometimes I wake up and find my tongue covered in it, never really thought about it before tbh. I just thought it was probably connected to the dry mouth feeling most painkillers have as a side effect (I've heard ami's are one of the worst for it). Is it possible it's a side effect of one of your meds?
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Return to Doctors & Health Services