doctors

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

doctors

Postby war veteran » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:42 am

cant be bothered with going drs now as i keep having new wierd and wonderful problems you tell a dr who dont even ryt it down and says well its prob do with your fibro and dont bother investigating it
p%££ take or what
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removal of expletive/unsuitable language
war veteran
UKFM Member

Re: doctors

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:40 am

War Veteran, I've removed an expletive from your post as, with it being an open forum, it can be read by anyone of any age and we do ask for care to be taken with the language used in the forum rules.

I'm not getting at you or anything, I understand how this affects you. Unfortunately we all need a GP, if only for the non~FM related things. Have you thought of contacting a support group in your area to see if they have any recommendations for a decent GP. If there isn't an FM group in your area, you could see if there is a CFS/ME group with the 2 conditions being so closely linked.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby animalhouse » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:46 am

know what you mena.

you also get the question "how are you" to which you are automatically obliged to answer " oh, i,m fine" :roll:

NO I,M NOT OR I WOULDN'T BE HERE......................

my doc refused to do another report after he messed my cliam up putting "not aware of any mobility/care issues, not examined"

but agreed to send in some details i had provided them with (drs) and confirm he agreed.

why, don;t they do anything unless they get paid or something :?: :?:

i know its a pain but you do need to go sometimes as you nver know :nono: - it might be just your fibro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (sarcastic :lol: :lol: )
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby Jaycee » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:57 pm

Unfortunately I think most gps just don't have much clue when it comes to fibro. My doc either looks things up on the net or makes it up as he goes along. He told me my severe jaw pains and headaches weren't anything to do with fm yet looking on here they are pretty much the norm. I try to just see him when I need more meds as he doesn't seem to have much else to offer. From his point of view though I guess it must be frustrating not to be able to make someone better.
Jaycee
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services