Leading Researchers?

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Leading Researchers?

Postby NessieQ » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:59 am

Hi all,

I'm interested in finding out the names of leading doctors and medical professionals carrying out research on M.E. and fibromyalgia, anywhere in the world. Who is doing promising drug trials, or new therapies? Who's having the best results?

I did, in my search, come across the fibroaction newsletter, which lists a lot of interesting research info (see here: http://www.fibroaction.org/Pages/Research.aspx). But at the same time, I can't help but think that there are so few posts (and nothing in the 'research' section since last August) that it can't be that comprehensive - surely there are lots of doctors and researchers out there working on this? If so, who are they and where are they?!

As you can imagine, this kind of info is difficult to track down from unbiased sources online. I'd be really interested to hear of any leads anyone might have.

Thanks in advance. xxx
NessieQ
UKFM Member

Re: Leading Researchers?

Postby denys » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:59 pm

Sorry Nessie, there was a post regarding some trials but if I remember rightly it was early last year and I dont know what came of it. I dont think there is a lot of comprehensive unbiased research going on especially in this country. America and Australia seem to be the ones or did ???????

:goodluck1: and :fingerscrossed: you find some
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Re: Leading Researchers?

Postby NessieQ » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:51 pm

Thanks again for the tip :) I had heard that the US was more advanced, I'll look into it! And will post if I hear anything interesting.
NessieQ
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services