alternative therapies

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: alternative therapies

Postby Roseofsharon » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:56 am

I'm definitely not going through the change (body Can attest to that). I too goo from too cold to too hot, have done for a long time didn't realise it was part of FM though. I use black cohosh personally. I have one 'tablet' when I go to bed. no nasty side effects that I've noticed. My boyfriends neighbour swears by it as a help to the immune system. Can't say much more than that I'm afraid. Sorry
Roseofsharon
UKFM Member

Postby Mozza » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:23 pm

Thanks for replies, might give it a try as I am known to try anything for a bit of relief........ :crazy: xxm
Mozza
UKFM Member

Postby Mozza » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:02 am

I would like to share with you the most ridiculous statement i have yet to hear from a 'professional,' "i see here you have Fibromyalgia, so apart from that how is your general health?" this from an Orthopaedic consultant, my reply hopefully may have made him stop and think before he puts his foot in his mouth again, "i no longer have 'general health' and my Fibromyalgia is crap. After a few more altercations i think he rather enjoyed putting the steroid injection into my elbow. What a stupid no not stupid, ignorant man!! Rant over, now off to meet mental health wonder how i'll get on there lol. Happy wednesday 
Mozza
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:07 pm

Have fun :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Mozza » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:05 am

Not much fun had at all!! Your life becomes just one big waiting list lol xxm
Mozza
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:06 pm

Know what you mean, I could wallpaper with the appointment letters if I could stretch that far :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

alternative therapies

Postby Mozza » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:36 pm

Today was the third time in a week that the therapist has cancelled on me so seriously considering just giving up on it. The effort and pain it takes to get there to be sent away, at least the other two times I got a call, is just too much. When you're feeling low as it is and then you get that it just makes it not worth the effort. It reminds me that 'professionals' are human too!!! Fed up.com xxm
Mozza
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:32 pm

:evil: not surprised you are fed up mozza, I would be as well, it doesn't take much to call you.

Can you ask to see someone else? :hugs:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

alternative therapies

Postby Mozza » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:48 pm

I think because I'm not having to pay for it she's not as committed as she would be if she was getting paid. Really not sure what to do. Thanks for responding xxm
Mozza
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Doctors & Health Services