You have to smile...........

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

You have to smile...........

Postby lolabolla » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:36 am

At doctors appointment yesterday I mentioned that I would be taking early retirement from work and would he support me with a report to my employers.
Well he is quite happy to help but he did say that FM only lasts for 5/7 years and as I had had it for 3 years already I will be fit to return to work when I am 56 ( am 52 at the moment) :yikes: :yikes: He said that I would wake up one day pain free!!! oh I wish.
Also had my first appointment at the pain clinic yesterday too. They were lovely, so caring, asked me lots of stuff and as usual I ended up in floods of tears as they were so understanding and know how FM affects me :(
I also mentioned that my GP said I would be cured by the time that I am 56 and they just looked at each other rolled their eyes :roll: :roll: and asked me if they could lend is magic wand :lol: :lol: their exact words were 'we can help you manage the pain and symptoms but there is no cure'
Any way, even though they were very helpful they have decided to put my case and further treatment on hold for now because I now have to see a spine surgeon about my disc problem.
They were very informative, showed me my MRI scan and explained why the discs are causing problems with my back pain. Although my lower back pain is pretty bad, it's manageable and I explained that it's the FM pain that is worse..................

You just have to smile

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Re: You have to smile...........

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:37 pm

If we're supposed to be better after 5~7 years, I must have had a least a double dose. As things started for me at the beginning of 2000, tht would mean I should have been all happy and healthy by 2007 at the latest. As it's now 2012, the letters telling me exactly when I will be better must be lost in the post as it hasn't happened so far :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear:

As we :-) :-) :-) :-) we can :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: as well :squirrel_nut: :squirrel_nut:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:52 pm

Wish we could all borrow his crystal ball, 5 to 7 years that means I must be getting to the end :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Pain clinic sounds lovely though, glad they are helping you even if its just info at the mo :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:44 pm

Some doctors have no clues do they :facepalm:

You should ask him to read the NHS web site on fibro as they say there is no cure. :dunno:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Ldyalb » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:23 pm

So at best 5 years, at worst 7 years? Right so I've had almost 2 years... only 3/5 to go :-D I'll call you all in 6 years for an update. It does make you wonder where all these people who have been cured are hiding doesn't it? My Grandmother's had Fibro for 55 years now. I'll probably still be posting on here when I'm in my 70s like her :-)

Denys - something tells me this guy is using a magic 8 ball instead :lol:

But at least the pain clinic sounds helpful and it seems they are actually knowledgable about what Fibro is, which is always a good start. Hopefully the spine surgeon can help relieve some of the back pain for you.
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:26 pm

Sure does Lydalb what a plonker :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby susan74 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:41 pm

Ah 5 to 7 years would have been such a blessing :-D

Unfortunately mines been a permanent companion for coming up to 20 years :evil:
susan74
UKFM Member

Postby Roseofsharon » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:33 pm

Well I have my back problems in black and white as being Fibro, it seems that I've had fibro for more than seven years already. Where do these people get their ideas from????
Roseofsharon
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services