Chronic pain management group????

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Chronic pain management group????

Postby shelleydwales » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:34 pm

Hi everyone,
Been to pain clinic today and after yet another examination :evil:
And some meds changed I have been offered a place on a chronic pain course. Anyone brrn on one of these??
My friend who sees the same consultant had already been offred this and thinks it's being offered in place if pain treatment to save money.
Don't want to waste my time uf it's gona be useless as im already up to my eyes with everything else!!
It's only been an hour and my god ,my body is screaming!!! She didn't examine my lower half to much as I told her I was already throbbing from my walk to the school and journey to hosp!!:-( xxxSent from my X10i using Tapatalk
Shell xxxx

Tomorrow is another day....be brave and smile :-)
shelleydwales
UKFM Member

Re: Chronic pain management group????

Postby shelleydwales » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:37 pm

Forgot to say she also told me abiut pacing myself again!!! Easier said than done with 2 kids,dog and cat!!!
And yet again been told fibro is not progressive!!! Arrrrrggggggg!????!!!??

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk
Shell xxxx

shelleydwales
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:20 pm

Altho we know how much worse we have gotten over time, as FM doesn't cause any visible damage to us, that is why the medical bods don't regard it as progressive unfortunately :facepalm: :facepalm:

There have been mentions of pain courses at different times, and in true FM style, there are many differences between them :facepalm: :facepalm: Some have found them helpful whilst to others it has turned out to be a waste of time :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: The only way you'll know what it's like is to go on it Shell :shock: :shock: :shock:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby becki62002 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:35 pm

I went on a pain management programme & found it very helpful. U have to buy into it & just take what u can from it. I'd give it a go if i was in ur place, good luck!
becki62002
UKFM Newbie

Postby shelleydwales » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:51 pm

Hi flupp and becki,thanks for replying:smile:
I've been thinking about it today and im going to go try it out , it's a 10 week group so if it's no good then I can always stop .
Becki did you meet any fibro friends at your group? Im hopeing to meet some sufferers in my area as im yet to find a support group etc .
Xxxx
Shell xxxx

shelleydwales
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:56 pm

:goodluck1: Shelley :fingerscrossed: you get something from it I agree with 'you have to buy into it' and hopefully you'll meet some others that you can meet up with. Let us know how you get on :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:26 pm

:goodluck1: Shelley, it's good to give the courses a try, I went on a living with pain course, that ran over 8 weeks. I didn't get to much out of the course personally but did make some lovely fibro friends who I still meet up with 2 yrs down the line.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby shelleydwales » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:05 am

Thanks all,
Shaz thats the main reason im going !! I don't know anyone with fibro or pain problems and have lost touch with all my friends except 2, the consultant asked me about what I do in days and said about meeting up with friends or doing things for me.
I really hope to meet up with anyone in my area!! Xx

Shell xxxx

shelleydwales
UKFM Member

Postby Mini » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:49 am

Id love to hear how you get on with this if you go, Im currently waiting for my referral letter to go on pain management and I dont really know what to expect, it may be a few months yet before I go but would be nice to know what sort of thing Im letting myself in for
Mini
UKFM Member

Postby shelleydwales » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:00 am

Hi mini,
Im not sure what date im starting but I will definitely let you know how it goes,let me know when you hear about yours also so we can compare services!!

Im going to cardiff one what area are you?
Xx

Shell xxxx

shelleydwales
UKFM Member

Postby Mini » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:17 pm

Im playing the waiting game at the moment, my consultant said it could be a few months, Im in Essex so will be around here, its an 8 week course, 2 days per week, yes we can compare notes :-D
Mini
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:05 pm

Mini wrote:Im playing the waiting game at the moment, my consultant said it could be a few months, Im in Essex so will be around here, its an 8 week course, 2 days per week, yes we can compare notes :-D

2 days a week :yikes: that will tire you out, mine was only 2 hrs a week and by the end of it I was so tired.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby shelleydwales » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:46 pm

Hi mini,yes you will be tired I think,mine is going to be 3 hours on a monday,hope I can concentrate for 3 hours! Hope they make us name badges to lol!! :lol:

Shell xxxx

shelleydwales
UKFM Member

Postby efrem » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:41 pm

hi shelleydwales,about the pain management group.i went on a pain managemant course a few yr ago.it was in a village hall at st fagans,cardiff one day a week for 12 wks.found it very good as you were able to see and speak to other suffer`s(at time felt alone with fm).they try to teach you to pace yourself and listen to your body as when it says enough it means you stop and rest.yes this i found very hard to do as before fibro my life was quite active.now yrs on i can see what they say and do try to apply it most days.the downside of the course was that when it finished it felt like that i was back on my own again.if i had found this foroum whilst attending the course i would have not felt alone at the end.i do find it good to talk to others who know what you are rambling on about.take care, ef :-) :penguin:
efrem
UKFM Member

Postby cassey1 » Thu May 03, 2012 3:23 pm

hi im booked on the queen elizabeth hospital bham corse 23rd may 1day introduction.god know's how it will be as staying awake from 10amto 3pm willbe my biggest challenge.oh wellat least im willing to give it a go. hopefully no one will see me asleep, that's if i dont fallof the chair that is lol.
cassey1
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Doctors & Health Services