Chronic pain management group????

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Chronic pain management group????

Postby JoJoLee » Sat May 05, 2012 4:34 pm

I have just begun my group after 4years, delay due to employer and getting supported time off - luckily I work for the NHS so they do let employees attend these things if you fight! The group is great and the mix of chronic pain people a real insight into others and similarities. For me just meeting others has been helpful, it gets you outside your own box and helps to see what you can achieve! Good luck!
JoJoLee
UKFM Member

Postby shelleydwales » Sun May 20, 2012 9:40 pm

Hi all , let me know how you get on!! I'm starting mine in July, I'm awaiting a letter with the exact date, hope it goes well for you all :)) x
Shell xxxx

Tomorrow is another day....be brave and smile :-)
shelleydwales
UKFM Member

Postby cassey1 » Thu May 24, 2012 8:05 pm

ok my experience of the pain management course introduction , that i went on yesterday. firstly 5 hours sitting in a room with no windows open ,stuffy as the room was quite full. the nurse talked about passing yourself etc. then the phisio talked abut excercise,then the dr spoke about well not alot, i didnt already no. we then broke for coffee lol what coffee nothing suplied allday had to go on a lenghtly walk to the reserant ,i was lucky in a wheel chair lol only time iv ever been glad not to walk, felt sorry for those who did walk must of been agony for them.anyway after all that, the nurse told me because iv still having tests done, then it isn't worth me continuing the corse till all tests are complete. lol to be honest i was glad as everything they talked about was common sense. queen elizabeth hospital all that money spent on the new building lol cant even offer a coffee . i can say if you are like me you have common sence then it isnt for you good luck xx
cassey1
UKFM Member

Postby shelleydwales » Sun May 27, 2012 10:04 pm

Hi cassey,
Sounds just like I thought it would be lol!!
No coffee either though , that's just a joke!!
Oh well I'll go to the intro day and let you know if it's the same , won't continue if it's the same as yours though , let us know how you get on with your tests hun xx
Shell xxxx

Tomorrow is another day....be brave and smile :-)
shelleydwales
UKFM Member

Postby disco dancing kar » Mon May 28, 2012 10:45 pm

Hi all i went to a pain management clinic last week after asking my docs to see someone about my fibro for over a year.I saw a lovely lady doc who new all about fibro,as she has seen and helped a lot of people with the same symptoms.she upped my tabs,changed a tab that was not working and put me in for accupuncture,as i was having trigger point injections with a private clinic in bristol,but money ran out.I was having trigger point injections every 6 weeks,which helped a bit,but doc in clinic said they were steroid,which i did not know,and having them that much can cause ostio in bones later in life. I will just wait for accupuncture and see if it helps,anything i will try,if works.Anyway hope pain group is good for you all that are going.all the best kar.
disco dancing kar
UKFM Member

Postby Mini » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:26 pm

Hi everyone haven't posted for ages but thought I'd just say I am starting my pain management course on this Monday 8th June, every Monday and Wednesday for 4 weeks. As im still managing somehow to work full time I'm hoping the full day thing won't affect me too much. It can't come soon enough for me though as I'm having a bad week of it. All I did was went to a party at the weekend no alcohol but got in at 2.00am and am I suffering for it now, oh yes. Pain and tiredness galore, makes you feel like not bothering having a social life but at the same time you can't let it beat you. Very mixed feelings at the moment :-(
Mini
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:42 pm

Mini, with anything like these groups/courses, there will be the good ones, the rubbish ones and the ones that come somewhere in the middle. The ones I've been on (last one was for diabetes) I've tried to keep an open mind and went with the approach of getting as much out of it as I possibly can. The diabetes one I went on wasn't that good, but that might have been due to me wanting to thump the nutritionist/dietician :hit1: :hit1: :hit1: :girl_moon: :girl_moon: :girl_moon:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Mini » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:55 am

Im trying to stay positive and hopeful that it will help, I dont really know what Im going to do if it doesnt. Most of the time I can cope with it but everyone gets their bad weeks dont they, I think im having mine this week. Wish I could just feel "normal" again :(
Mini
UKFM Member

Postby Whiplashsal » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:59 am

I start my pain management course on the 4th September and skeptical isn't the word! I have been sent a questionnaire to complete for my 'back pain'! I phoned to query this and was told pain is pain and they would assess my suitability for help with them. There is no Fibromyalgia clinics anymore but they Will still try and accommodate me! And if all else fails and Im not deemed suitable they Will refer me to a help group in the area! :-(

Can you tell Im not overly eager to go on this now!

I had my pain meds reduced a few weeks ago which is meaning Im in pain constantly and codeine just scratches the surface (not to mention the pain it causes when i am bunged up and have an IBS attack) and I've been back to the docs but they keep telling me to wait for my appointment with the pain clinic! argh
Whiplashsal
UKFM Member

Postby fibro-lu » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:19 am

had my assessment at pain managment course last month
been booked to start mid of September
was looking forward to it
got letter the other day saying that it is not funded and therefore they can't offer any appointments to me
:tongueout:
tried to talk to the lady who assesed me, no reply so far
will go to my appointment regardless especially because it is a group thing and not a one to one
worse what can happen is that they will send me home

all the best
lu
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby cherrybee » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:41 pm

Good for you Lou, let us know what happens :fingerscrossed:
cherrybee
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Doctors & Health Services