Occupational health and social work assessment

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Occupational health and social work assessment

Postby ITbird » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:56 pm

Hi all,

I finally have my occupational health and social work assessment next week after referring myself in August last year.

Does anyone have any tips of what I should ask or what I should prepare before they arrive?

I will make a list of the difficulties I have in and around the home including getting in and out the bath, making tea, getting in and out the house in my wheelchair(on the bad days), ironing etc.

I guess what I'm hoping for is to get some help in the house with cleaning and ironing, some grab raising the bathroom and maybe a shower seat, a lifting mechanism for tipping the kettle and a ramp to get in and out of the house.

I know I'll be lucky to get half of that but anything will help!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk
Fletch x
ITbird
UKFM Member

Re: Occupational health and social work assessment

Postby denys » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:38 pm

i dont worry to much about it, they ask to see you walk around and up and down the stairs etc. Then they will suggest things that they can give you to help :goodluck1: with your appointment :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Doctors & Health Services