Physio

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Physio

Postby PoppyPenny » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:42 pm

I hope I am putting this in the correct place! I wasn't sure what forum section to put it in so Mods, move it if you feel it shouldn't be here!

I had an appointment at the physiotherapist today. I have been going because of a longstanding problem with my knee following an accident years ago. They have had to cancel so many appointments because the one I was seeing was sick and I saw a different one today. Why can't I explain my problems very well? I tried to explain that my knee is still painful and probably always will be but it still gives out but I managed to give him the impression it was better!! How? I have been going over and over what I said but I don't know!

What I tried to say was that my balance is very poor, I have sciatica and fibro and am in danger of falling and asked if he thought crutches would be a good idea as everyone at my fibro group said I should ask. He said they couldn't dish out these things to all and sundry! I felt very intimidated then, accepted an awful sqeaky walking stick and he discharged me! I am feeling very low now as I am wondering how this will affect my application for DLA.

On the plus side, my GP is referring me to the OTs so I may get some help there.

Thanks for reading my moan! I feel a bit better for writing it down.

Maggie
PoppyPenny
UKFM Member

Re: Physio

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:49 pm

hi,

Speak the occupational therapist about this appointment and im sure they can get another physio to see you and maybe at home as well.

especially if you dont feel your walking aid is apropriate for your mobility.

I found the OT's be be of great help.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Re: Physio

Postby shazq » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:01 pm

Hi poppypenny

I tend to get tongue tied when trying to explain things and it comes out all wrong, i know what i should be saying but it comes out wrong :facepalm: :crazy:

It shouldnt have any affect on your DLA.
Go and have a chat to your Gp and explain what happened or wait a couple of weeks and ask your Gp to refer you back to physio again as you are still having problems with your knee. Try writing down what you want to say so if you find yourself getting into problems explaining yourself you could read it out or ask them to read it.

:goodluck1: with the OT.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Doctors & Health Services