Tests

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Tests

Postby KP1964 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:18 pm

Can someone answer me a simple question, can your GP tell from Blood tests whether you have FM or not? :-?
KP1964
UKFM Newbie

Tests

Postby Doodles1 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:38 pm

No they cannot. Unfortunately! X
Doodles1
UKFM Member

Re: Tests

Postby blueeyes64 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:48 pm

No, but Drs usually do extensive testing to rule out what you DON'T have, such as rheumatoid arthritis etc.My Dr did a lot of tests for all sorts of things and took a long look at my medical history before settling on a fibro diagnosis.I sooo wish there was a simple test so that everyone around us would believe it to be real.No ne would question someone if they said they have say MS but fibro is still not a well known thing I feel.
blueeyes64
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:32 pm

Fibro wont show up in any tests thats why it can take a long time before some people will get a diagnoses as docs have to rule other things out first.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:07 pm

Even tho is does not show up in blood tests my inflammation levels are raised and i always get told by GP's *this is normal for your condition* :crazy:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby sweetleaf2 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:59 pm

*Lisa* wrote:Even tho is does not show up in blood tests my inflammation levels are raised and i always get told by GP's *this is normal for your condition* :crazy:

Same here, inflammatory markers are raised above normal, and it appears have been for a long time. One of the indicators was the way my body used up all the folic acid, normally your body can store several months worth of that, but if your body is struggling with inflammation, apparently it gets used up. I had to take folic acid for three months, its usually prescribed for young women wishing to have a baby. I was also informed the Leukocyte alkaline phosphatase( whatever that is,but it sounds alarming) was above normal and that that was an inflammatory marker too... I wish I hadnt had the blood test now, Im left with more questions than I had before, and even more in the dark. :banghead:
I`m not over the hill I`m still climbing it, thats why I`m so tired all the time
sweetleaf2
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services