My Doctor is making a case to refer me

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

My Doctor is making a case to refer me

Postby TATT » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:58 pm

My doctor, who spends ages listening to me, is making a case to my PCT to request that I be seen at the RLHIM Royal London Hospital for Integrated Medicene. Its in Great Ormond Street and they run a Fibromyalgia Pain Management Clinic.

Doctor says that we have a long road in front of us and it will go before a panel but we will fight for it. In the meantime he wants me to write a journal of my daily life including what I do and can no longer do and monitor my pain. My OH has to type it up to go into my file. I know I should not put all my eggs in one basket incase I loose but I have had ME/CFS since my 20's.

Been single mum to two girls inner london. Trained and became a counsellor to help others and 2 years ago had a mini stroke followed by 2 breakdowns and a Fibro diagnosis. Not been able to work,read dance all of which I loved. I hardly go out at all because of the noise etc etc you know what its like. But I wanted to share with you because there are doctors out there that want to help.

Both ME/CFS & FM are now recognised illnesses. Please google your local hospitals and see if the run FM clinic. If so ask to be referred. This clinic does different things that I have not heard of and I am really hoping that I can become pain free again.

Its a long road but I will keep you posted.

Love always Tatt (Tired All The Time)
TATT
UKFM Member

Re: My Doctor is making a case to refer me

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:07 pm

Fab news TATT :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: It will be great if you can go and they can help you :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

There is an FM clinic in my area which my GP has said he will gladly refer me too, if I want it. Thought I'd give the CFS?ME one a go tho, having major fatigue problems that are as bad as, and quite often worse than the FM stuff :facepalm: :facepalm:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby masonsbarms » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:08 pm

fingers crossed hope all gose well xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby fliss » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:20 pm

brill news thanks for telling me im going to google it now xx
fliss
UKFM Member

Postby aunty bun » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:39 pm

good luck hun hope it works for you and wots cfshun xxx
aunty bun
UKFM Member

Postby auroura » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:45 pm

I very very rarely post, but i just wanted to say, I truly wish you all the very best x Good luck
Sharon

Bad is never good until worse happens
auroura
UKFM Member

Postby TATT » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:34 pm

Thanks everyone it means alot.

Aunty bun CFS is chronic fatgue syndrome which is the new name for ME I have that and FM its quite common to have both.

Aurora thank you for posting it makes my heart smile when someone connects with me, hears me and wishes me well. I dont know why you dont post and I am not prying but its so good to connect with others I would love to my your heart smile.

I hope everyone has a good weekend.

Love always Tatt
TATT
UKFM Member

Postby sjc » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:03 pm

This siunds good, hope it goes well for you. Take care. xxx :-D
sjc
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:07 pm

:goodluck2:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Doctors & Health Services