diagnosis? I haven't been have I?...

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

diagnosis? I haven't been have I?...

Postby iseult » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:08 pm

Hello everyone! 18 months ago I paid privately to see a rheumatologist who tapped me in some very very sore points :-D and then said at the end that she was pretty sure I had Fibro and all I could do really was take pain killers and talk to my GP about a graded exercise programme. Anyway 18 months on and it's occurred to me that I probably don't have an actual diagnosis?

It's not vital really because I'm still working and not needing to claim for anything. And after losing a bit of weight and signing up with a personal trainer my symptoms are far more manageable - though I still have bouts of bad fatigue, some pain, problems with getting warm, tingling and restless legs... yanno... same old same old right? :roll: Anyway, my point is that currently I'm luckier than most because my symptoms improved and I'm holding down a job... and as a teacher I get regular holidays to rest up!

So have I been diagnosed? Do I need to be?

Thanks in advance for the advice!
iseult
UKFM Member

Re: diagnosis? I haven't been have I?...

Postby masonsbarms » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:16 pm

hi i would ask gp what is on your medical files it may not seem important now but it may do in the future
hope you continue to keep as pain free as possible for a very long time xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:38 pm

I agree ask your doc
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:58 pm

Hi
Deffo ask your GP to put it on your notes.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Doctors & Health Services