mental health nurse discovers cure for fm

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

mental health nurse discovers cure for fm

Postby logiebear » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:07 pm

hi all something amazing has happened the nurse who wrote a report for my medical form is a genius shes found a miracle cure for us, as she states ill be back in work in 12 months time, brilliant yeah, and when i looked her up on register there was only two with the same name and guess what they are both mental health nurses, so im a bit confused as her title on my report is disability analyst??? anyway ive wrote to esa to review my claim and to ask them if she can pass on this medical miracle, good news yeah hahaha as if.
logiebear
UKFM Member

Re: mental health nurse discovers cure for fm

Postby denys » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:25 pm

Brilliant get her to put into practice for us all she'll make a mint :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:28 pm

I'm next in line to be cured :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby lolabolla » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:12 pm

She must be taking notes from 2 of my GP's............they said I will be cured in 2 years, whoopeeee doo!

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:44 pm

Fantastic we'll all be cured :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:58 pm

YAY!!! No more hurtyness :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Sazzle » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:22 pm

Wonder if she is one of my colleagues. Will ask around ;-)

A lot of people who are on the RCN register have job titles that do not include the word nurse so it is possible she really does have this title but to give such a timescale maybe she needs to see one of her colleagues about her delusions :twisted:
Alannis Morisette if you don't want those 10,000 spoons I have a knife, wanna swap?
Sazzle
UKFM Member

Postby sjc » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:53 pm

Hi there. These health professionals make you laugh, don't they.....Sadly, i think most people get that kind of crap from certain health professionals - we all know that fibromyalgia is a long term disability, so it always baffles me when some professionals try to say otherwise.

Saying that, on my ESA claim, it stated that in 12 months time I would be under review with my claim - it really frustrates me because even though I understand they have policies to go by, how on earth can they expect people like ourselves to be cured in 12 months.....

Anyway, enough of me rambling on.....lol.

Take care. xxx
sjc
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:24 pm

Now wouldnt that be nice, :bear-dancing: lets all go and find this nurse and find out how the hell she think she can cure us in 12 months when some of us have been suffering for 12yrs. :facepalm: love to know her secret :lol: :lol: :lol:
We would all be queuing at her door for the cure :-D
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:52 am

On the WRAG medicals they put this so your called up for a renewal regularly bit like DLA when they say you been awarded X amount of time then you fill forms out again.

Does make me laugh how they feel fibro will be *cured* or *better* or more *controlled* in just a years times makin us fit for work :shock: :woot: i wish!! :roll:

Yet it is very clear that doctors can only treat symptoms the best they can and fibro cannot be cured! :crazy: :hit1: :facepalm:

Im sure they just make it all up as they go along to meet the government targets!!

:penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby tonydin » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:08 pm

first of all theres no reason people cant work with fibro , so no cure is required . may be she considered that it would take another year for medication and your way of dealing with it all to improve , and allow you to re- commence some sort of work

if she has a cure for all though , shes going to be very rich

tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby logiebear » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:00 am

wonder what type of work we could do tony? as with meds cant drive , operate machinery, my job was teaching adults with learning difficulties at a college and considering i constantly say the wrong words or forget what i was talking about makes this job rather difficult as you have to be on the ball as a very stressful and demanding job also i have to keep lying down as totally shattered,im at a loss what work i could do,and what hours i can do and if they have a room with a bed in it lol before i was fired
logiebear
UKFM Member

Postby cherrybee » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:19 am

Tony, with respect i think you have 'worded' that statement wrong. This does
not do the cause of fm sufferers any good, because it generalises too much,
we all have different degrees of fm, to class us all the same is wrong. There are
reasons some cant work with fibro, dont have to point them out surely...
cherrybee
UKFM Member

Postby tonydin » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:22 am

i was refering to the atos point of view ,, remember there ia not disability any more only differnt levels of ability . of course some people cant work , but remember our viewes are differnt depending on our situation , the initial post was almost witten in disbelf that they may be fit for work ??? and resenting the comment from the nurse.
how can any off us know what we will be able to do in a years time either way
i struggle every dam day some times in tears to pay a hell of a lot of tax that pays the benifits , 7 years ago i was about to give up but did not ,, so i could be on the other side of the fence and still could be any time

but the fact remians there is no reason you cant work with fibro it just depends on levels of pain, tirdness and what the job demands
as a general statement * you can work with fibro * is true , *you can not work with fibro * is false

sorry if your offended ,, dont want to start fibrowars
tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby cherrybee » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:58 am

To Tony..re-commence, dont know about others here, but I have found fibro
symptoms to worsen with time..maybe others are different, its hard enough
coping with the struggles of day to day living for most of us, especially
if we have families. Dependance on medication to get us through pain is
the norm, for those wanting to get back to work, i hope it works for you,
but being pressured into being expected to go back from certain agencies
is unreasonable, people making statements like this really does'nt help.
all i'm saying.
cherrybee
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Doctors & Health Services