mental health nurse discovers cure for fm

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: mental health nurse discovers cure for fm

Postby tonydin » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:39 pm

i think pressure at work is the worst thing for fibro , and its more and more preverilant in the work place now , unfortuantly the agencys have only one goal to reduce benifits by getting people back into work one way or another , and they will always make presumtions that may be righy or wrong ,,, yes it does get worse as time goes on. yet i find the more i do the better it gets untill i stop and then back to square one

the govement wont stop untill thier targets are reached and you may not be able to resume your carrer but have to take a job any were that you can do i dont lnow were the jobs are comneing from though thats the odd bit

take care tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby logiebear » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:32 pm

i posted the initial post, YES im in disbelief and YES i resented what the nurse said, 2 days before the report i was told from my rheumatologist that in his opinion he could not see me working in the future, i have responded poorly to medication so its try and try again till we find a med that works for me but these will only take the edge off the pain but they also emphasise symptoms??
ive carried on for years working full time and paying my taxes in a very stressful job teaching adults with learning difficulties i job i might add that i loved, i ran a house and brought up 2 kids, but it all came to a head when i fell down the stairs breaking my coccyx 2 years ago everything came to a head making my fm worse, SO YES I RESENT WHAT SHE WROTE, IF MY RHEUMATOLOGIST WHO KNOWS ME TELLS ME THIS AND A NURSE WHO DOESNT KNOW ME SAYS DIFFERENT, IM NO SCROUNGER IVE WORKED PAID ALL MY TAXES TOO, SO DONT APPRECIATE YOUR REMARK TONY AS IF IM IN BEWILDERMENT,
thanks everyone else for your comments, your very supportive its lovely to know i have someone here that understands what we are going through, this has dramatically changed my life, im not in control anymore fm seems to control me
take care xxx
logiebear
UKFM Member

Postby cherrybee » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:11 pm

Hi Logie, all the best for your review, as somebody in contact daily with learning
diss, and I also fell down stairs a few years ago and broke cocyx, i know just how
painful that was as you just have to wait for it to heal, remember i couldnt sit
for weeks!! makes me so cross when you hear about these people who have no
knowledge of fibro making assumptions about how it will progress! I hope you
find meds that suit you, i've tried most, am on MCT slow release, its early days,
but, so far, myself and OH think there is deff improvement, i will wait a little
longer and leave a post on meds board., anyway, all the best tk care :wave:
cherrybee
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:37 pm

Logie, do you want this topic locking/removing from the board with how it has digressed?? It's a shame the original ridiculousness of the comments you were posting about has been lost.

Personally, given the options of being able to work with FM or a cure, I'd be jumping (not literally :facepalm: ) into the queue for the cure :cup1: :cup1:

I've not had a broken coccyx, so don't know how painful it can be, I have broken my neck tho, many many moons ago, and know how that felt, so I've a sort of idea of what you both experienced.

It is frustrating when someone makes assumptions/guesses as to what will happen to us FM wise over time, not even we can say how we will be at a future point, sometimes not even a day ahead :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: Unfortunately, until more is known about this condition, we'll keep coming across such people, and the only thing we can do is take them with a very large pinch of salt, and keep throwing everything we have at them :facepalm: :facepalm:

As I said at the start of my waffle, if you're concerned about how this topic has gone, let me know what you would like me to do with it :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Jaycee » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:06 pm

This get better after a couple of years seems to be a common thought, my GP said it too. He just wasn't clear when the two years started, from dx which was about nine months ago, or when some of the symptoms started over twenty five years ago?

Count me in on a place in that cure queue.
J
Jaycee
UKFM Member

Postby tonydin » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:53 pm

logi a broken coccyx is bad enough with out fm , i think your reaction to all this showes the frustration and injustes thats beening done to a lot of people by atos on behalf of this goverment . your docters should delare you fit for work not a nurse or any one else

my gp wanted me to pack in in 2004 long befor fm dx after years of back problems from OA of the spine and onset of all over unxpliand pain , i could not carry on and took redundancy when it was offered . then headhunted by a rival , did not know if i could do it ,, but still with him in 2012 :yikes:

scinnce fm dx and butranse and pregabalin i seem a lot better pian is still there all over but i dont react to it like i use to for some reason , im eaven doing heavy work agian and the pian s moved to background but always present my gp reckons it will never go just change from day to day i got on my high horse a bit because i resent the implication that people with fibro are NOT fit fpr work as has been implied to me eleswere

anyway its a really crap condition that we all aggrre and as for a cure ??? dont think so not in my lifetime any way
tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:58 pm

tonydin wrote: i got on my high horse a bit because i resent the implication that people with fibro are NOT fit fpr work as has been implied to me eleswere

anyway its a really crap condition that we all aggrre and as for a cure ??? dont think so not in my lifetime any way
tony

I think we've been here, or somewhere like it before, haven't we Tony :mrgreen: :mrgreen: And there will no doubt be other similar posts made by others in the deep, dark and dusty parts of the forum.

I don't think the implication was that all fellow FMers are not fit for work. We're each affected in our own and different ways, some of us can't work at all, whilst others can, and in some cases have no option but to do so, regardless of how they are feeling and/or affected. There tends to be an air of respect for those, like yourself, who are able to carry on working.

We've all come across people, incl alleged "experts" who think they know how we feel/experience all the crud that FM throws at us, and that they know what it is that we need to recover from it, as well as how long it will take us. What they seem to do, is completely disregard one very prominent aspect of FM, the fact that it doesn't play by the rules that other problems do, ie with a bit of time and some meds it will settle down and behave itself. Whether it's down to poor knowledge/training, or that they want to put it into a nice and neat little box, or that they just can't comprehend what it is and what it does to us, I don't know :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: All I do know, apart from hippos produce their own sunscreen in the form of a reddish sweat, is that we are each on our own personal FM quest which will involve all manner of challenges that need to be overcome, which will hopefully be helped by our sharing and discussing them on here.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby tonydin » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:54 pm

yeh sorry flupp and espesialy logi , ignor me in a bad mood tomight ,, one of the staff a another location told the boss if he did not employ a cripple at my location they would get more work done as he would not have to attend to unload lorry grrrrrr

mind you he was dissmised for abusive behavoir a few days later , also some of my customers are saying why dont i just pack it in when they see the state of me , which concerns me and in reallty its the likes of atos and the new system that stops me even considering it

peace brothers
tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:08 am

We've all had days like you've had Tony, abusive people do usually get their comeuppance and it sounds like the one you had dealings with got his pretty quick :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

It sounds as if you could be having a few things all catching up with you at once with people being concerned about how you are. I know you've always championed your pushing thru everything approach, which has held you in good stead so far. Over time tho, as the condition develops and/or changes, the approach used may need to be adapted or changed for us to keep the bit control that has been wrestled back from FM, and it could be that you're nearing one of those times.

I know Atos are the scourge of the universe and have caused so many people so much worry about what is happening to them, and there are so many horror stories saying the same thing. The thing we don't hear so much about tho are the claims which go straight thru without a problem, as there must be some that do this. Might be worth trying to bear that idea in mind if that situation should arise.

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby tonydin » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:08 am

never mind only 5 years till retirement :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:45 am

Hope todays a better day for you Tony, I'm sure you will find the best path for you and dont let abusive people get to you :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Previous

Return to Doctors & Health Services