death to my gps

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

death to my gps

Postby buxbunny » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:11 am

my surgery is down the road not even 5 min walk but i still drive there due to fm.

Gotten real bad i spend 90% of my time at home and 90% of that in bed.

To book an appointment it at least a months wait especially with my doctor who seemed very sympathetic and literary everyone requests him.
Unless book emergency which i generally have to but seems to them my pain not really an emergency.

I ran out of meds and apparently i haven't picked up my perspirations since January. I agree i forget to take them because both fibrofog and the fact they do nothing but not for four months. I think taking imaginary drugs is taking the placebo effect to a whole new level.

The phamarcy seems to have all my latest dosages yet my surgery says original doses and i haven't picked up prescription since nov/dec.
I am sure i have not been popping imanginary pills for this year so i request telephone consultation with my gp.

After the conversation the house phone is in pieces after throwing it against the wall because apparently i am a liar and so is the pharmacy as i was never prescribed a higher dose of an over the counter anti-depressant. I'm not in that much pain as i haven't been taking anything. Nothing can be done till cfs clinic come up with something which i have already been to which was a group meting with a woman just writing a bunch of symptoms on the board and being told to "pace" myself. And i should just overdose if symptons are that bad as it takes months for them to work and not taking them regular will have no effect. And i should stop staying home and do something.
Why must everything take months from medication to appointments.
I am in pain now. I cant sleep now and longer i dont sleep i became nasua and throw up uncontrollably to its just bile and blood.
I think they are totally insentience that i am in alot of pain now!
i am just so sick and tired.
i feel to both implode and explode!
Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.
buxbunny
UKFM Member

Re: death to my gps

Postby tonydin » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:43 am

have you told them you throw up blood ,, that a good reason for an emergency appiontment on its own never mind the pain

tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:00 am

I agree you must get the blood checked out :hugs:

Have you explained that medication has no effect on your pain? Maybe they need to refer you to a pain clinic as they can offer many forms of pain relief not just meds. They vary from therapies/physio/injections etc.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby denys » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:41 am

definitely get it checked out, have you got the tear off slips from your prescriptions they will show when the medication was last prescribed and it's dated so you can prove when you picked it up, I have all of mine cos we have to tick the boxes and put it in the box in the surgery to get repeats
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:43 pm

Hi
I would get checked out especially if you are coughing up blood, then you can ask your GP for a pain review, explain that the meds you are on are not working and ask them to try something else.Some meds can take up to 4 weeks to kick in so you have to give them time. :goodluck1:
Check with your chemist if they deliver meds for disabled people/blue badge badge holders, when i need new meds i just call my chemist they take the script to the docs and deliver my meds free of charge.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Doctors & Health Services