Having your prescriptions delivered free of charge

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Having your prescriptions delivered free of charge

Postby shazq » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:51 pm

Did you know that some chemists will deliver your prescription to your home free of charge if you are disabled.

My local chemist keep my repeat script, when i need more meds i just call them to let them know what i want, they take take the script to the surgery & collect it the following day then deliver my meds to my door.

This makes things so much easier for me especially as i am in the house 99% of the time.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Re: Having your prescriptions delivered free of charge

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:03 pm

The chemist I use has a similar service as well, which makes such a difference when I need to get mine :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

I order my meds either online, by phone or by dropping the request slip from the back of my script in at the surgery, who then arrange for the next one to be ready. I then contact the chemist who do a morning run to collect the scripts, fill them, then deliver them later in the afternoon :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: Having your prescriptions delivered free of charge

Postby Sazzle » Thu May 10, 2012 7:28 pm

One of the ones local to me does this and they also do a rolling repeat service. They put in the repeat requests, collect prescriptions, dispense and even deliver. One of my ladies says she just has to be in on every 4th Tuesday morning to get the delivery. You don't even need to be disabled. This lady has mental health problems and sometimes feels too scared to go out, but she does go out quite a bit when she is well.
Alannis Morisette if you don't want those 10,000 spoons I have a knife, wanna swap?
Sazzle
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services