Copy from doctors forum

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Copy from doctors forum

Postby 2steps » Sat May 26, 2012 6:34 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdh71
Here's what I now LOVE about fibro. The only things that has been shown to really benefit pateints (despite what people pushing lyrica have to say) is aerobic exercise.

So you say, "Yeah, your pain is real, we know your brain percieves pain differently based on PET scans of the brain, but the only thing that really helps fibromyalgia is exercise, and I don't care what you do walk, ride a bike, swim, but if YOU want to feel better YOU will need to do something - expect slow progress, but still expect progress if you start exercising"

I had a patient tell me that getting lymphoma cured her fibro and that the fibro was probably just lymphoma all along.

It took a while to convince her that it was probably the 12 kilos of prednisone and a big whack of cytoxan (and maybe a shot of Rituximab...that seems to be good for what ails you) that "cured" her "fibro."

Copied from a doctors forum I think it's circa 2005 the bit about Rituximab interested me.

2steps
2steps
UKFM Member

Re: Copy from doctors forum

Postby denys » Sat May 26, 2012 6:56 pm

Never heard of rituximab :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: hopefully somethings have changed since 2005 :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby 2steps » Sat May 26, 2012 7:06 pm

Rituximab is very in vogue at the moment, ME CFS trial, was given to 30 people after a cancer patient taking Rituximab was cured of ME.

2steps
2steps
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat May 26, 2012 10:15 pm

Interesting stuff, we'll have to keep our eyes out, which country was the trial in????
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby 2steps » Sun May 27, 2012 7:39 am

Norway

2steps
2steps
UKFM Member

Postby Graciebaby » Sun May 27, 2012 8:30 pm

Hi Mods,
I've just posted the above reply to a post made by Melbi which was on this thread (well at least I thought it was!).
Melbi's post doesn't appear to be here anymore? Which makes my reply a bit pointless.
Please delete my reply if possible.
I found Melbi's comments and opinions offensive and inflamatory and responded accordingly. I don't think I've ever felt the need to be so forthright with anyone before on an internet forum. :-x

Thanks for dealing with this,

G.
Graciebaby
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Sun May 27, 2012 8:35 pm

just done it for you :-D

we did delete it as it was very nasty
but all is well again in our happy forum :-D :lol:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby Graciebaby » Sun May 27, 2012 8:39 pm

Thanks Loubie :-)
Graciebaby
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services