Back to the docs...want referring.

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Back to the docs...want referring.

Postby Cath1980 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:17 am

Well, I've had a hellish week again. Been in agony with my arms, back, knees, in fact all over. It is my arms that are the worst at the minute and they keep me up all night. I feel like my arms are cased in cement. I've had to take the day off work and I have got into the doctors this morning. My best friend has recently been diagnosed with CFS and they aren't sure if she has Fibro. She got referred and has a pain nurse who she sees regular. I have never had anything like this and am thinking of asking to be referred again. I am taking my mum with me (I'm 31 but need the moral support). Any tips?

Cath x
ImageImage
Cath1980
UKFM Member

Re: Back to the docs...want referring.

Postby shazq » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:42 pm

HI Cath

Good idea taking your mum with you as she will be able to help take things in (us fibros tend to forget what was said as soon as we walk out the door :roll: )

Write a list of all you symptoms. Cant think of anything else at mo as have a very foggy head today :facepalm: others will be able to add some tips. :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:03 pm

Mum going with you is a good idea, as well as the moral support side, she's an extra pair of ears for listening, and may have something to add as things are discussed.

If you think that a referral to someone could help you, then see about it. You may find that other options are available that you didn't know about.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Cath1980 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:26 pm

Well, what a waste of time that was. Really disappointed in my docs attitude today. She seemed to be put out that I took my mum. She won't refer me. Has given me pentagablin (SP?) after much debating. She said they like to try every avenue but I feel like I have. All I want is to not be in pain every minute of the day which is what I am at the moment. For the first time in a long time I came away feeling that it's all in my head and it's just a case that some people react differently to pain than others. Apparently those with fibro tend to have a negative attitude and outlook on life so it's a mental state as well as anything!! I haven't been made to feel so small and useless in a long time and it doesn't feel very good.

So sick of having to fight for everything.
ImageImage
Cath1980
UKFM Member

Postby masonsbarms » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:36 pm

hi cath sorry to hear you didnt get much help.
dont let anybody make you feel that ist all in your mind or how you look at life.

i had a realy good weekend and now feel like hell,
so that blows her theory out of the water because i have been feelin realy posative

we are bound to look on the dark side sometimes when you dont seem to get any relife or help from
the people we think are there for the good of our health.

i dont like some people knowing i have fm as i know they have this stupid idea that ite all in my head.

ignorant people do not help us so do not let them get you down

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby Cath1980 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:43 pm

masonsbarms wrote:hi cath sorry to hear you didnt get much help.
dont let anybody make you feel that ist all in your mind or how you look at life.

i had a realy good weekend and now feel like hell,
so that blows her theory out of the water because i have been feelin realy posative

we are bound to look on the dark side sometimes when you dont seem to get any relife or help from
the people we think are there for the good of our health.

i dont like some people knowing i have fm as i know they have this stupid idea that ite all in my head.

ignorant people do not help us so do not let them get you down

take care xx

Thanks hun,

I don't know how these gp's expect you to have a positive attitude all the time when you are constantly in agony. I can't even pick up my baby son at the moment for christ's sake. Just feeling really frustrated and let down by the health service.

xx
ImageImage
Cath1980
UKFM Member

Postby tonydin » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:20 pm

hi i think that the problem whish is currently labled as fibro :lol: and we all agree with the the resherch , that its a problem with the chemicial balance and the nurotransmiters in the brian and central nevoes system that cause pain to be fealt when there is no pathalogical reason for pain to be fealt , at the site of the pain ??????? sorry lost it abiot there??

the same prossec of mis read signels comeing from the jolly old brain causes anxity , and deprssion and even a negitive personality maybe ,, therefor ity could well be effect not cause

truth is they dont know exactly whata going on ,, dont know how to do anything for us , and the good ones who understand , the best they can offer is " we know it exists your not imagining all this its i in your brian , but not in your head so th speak no thought prosses can cause or cure it ( i know iv tryed afew) :roll: :crazy: :oops: but we ccan try a few things to see if we can improve it,

the bad ones who dont understand just try to make youi feel that its you who are causeing and fuleing it :evil: and do not offer the closure we need after many years of strange symptoms

dont think my gp belived in it untill i had dx and hes very interested and supportive now , because he can see the change in my outlook once i knew what was wrong , still got no answers though maybe they dont exist????

tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services