Chiropractor using magnetic treatment

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Chiropractor using magnetic treatment

Postby make a wish » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:31 pm

After visit upon visit to my GP and numerous departments in the local NHS hospital I was getting nowhere. Everyone tried their best but nothing ever helped the pain, the fog, self demeanour etc. Could go on and on about all the blood tests, scans, x-rays, meds, but you must all know the endless list anyway.
My husband was told about a chiropractor (private) who may be able to help, so off I went, all the time thinking this is going to be another waste of time.... WRONG. This particular chiro works with what I would say is magnetic resonance and concentrates on realignment of the whole body. My body was way out of line - I would say probably because of the way I had been holding myself and walking because of the pain I was in. This then had a knock on effect so that I was getting even more pain because my body wasn't correctly aligned. I am now walking the dog again after just three weeks. Did a good mile yesterday. It was brilliant. Slowly building myself up again.
The chiro also has a bio magnetic diagnostic machine to check for problems within the body. He found a number of problems and has helped greatly with some and is now researching my undiagnosed problem. He is really interested in you as a person and not just as a number. I now have found someone whom I have a tremendous amount of faith in. Hope he can solve the final problem, He's definitely going on my Christmas card list. make a wish
make a wish
UKFM Member

Re: Chiropractor using magnetic treatment

Postby make a wish » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:52 pm

Don't know if I'm allowed to say the name of this chiropractic group, but they are nationwide. Perhaps one of the mods could let me know this. Certainly help the pain and the fibrofog. Well worth a try.
make a wish
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:45 am

Looking at the forum rules and thinking about some previous topics, you're OK to add the name of the chiropractic group as it's relevant to your topic. You could also add a linky to their site as well, it may be helpful for others as well.

Glad you've found something that is making you feel so much brighter and better, hope it carries on for you :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: Enjoy your walks with your doglet :dogrun1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:53 pm

:goodluck1: hope it continues to help you make a wish
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby make a wish » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:08 pm

Thanks for your replies. The name is McTimoney Chiropractic. If anyone else would like to give them a go you can check them out on their website http://www.mctimoneychiropractic.org/
Doesn't go into a great deal of detail on their site, but truly the difference in how I feel is tremendous. :-D :-D :-D

If this should work for a number of fibromyalgia sufferers then maybe the NHS should be put under pressure to think seriously about incorporating this treatment in their hospitals and clinics. We could all feel so much better and the NHS would save money too.
Would love to know if anyone else tries this, and whether they feel the same benefits as I do. I'm just living in hope that I've hit on something that really is going to help all of us. Fingers crossed that it helps others and not just me. :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: make a wish
make a wish
UKFM Member

Postby foggy fanny » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:34 am

I had a Chiropractor that would advertise his 'expertise' in Fibromyalgia...after many weeks and some 800.00 dollars later, I was no different than when I started. At first he made am effort to help...He has the message chair and the tables and such. He promised me physical massages as well and advise on how to deal with fibromyalgia. That was all bunk as it started looking like a regular popapractor visits...I started asking for the special treatment, when I did he complied..I began to feel that he was only there for the money.

To make the long story short, I quit going to him. He was nice enough but he felt he wasn't helping me...When I got back to CA again, I went to my regular Chiropractor and he would not touch me...Said that Fibro is something his group shouldn't mess with.
I am so glad you have the good guys and not the money makers...it's much better to be seen as a patient and not a commodity. :twodrinking1: :wave:
Do you believe in Magic? Make everyday worthwhile...SMILE
foggy fanny
UKFM Newbie

Postby make a wish » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:34 am

Sorry to hear about your experience with the chiropractor. Shame you can't find one that isn't out for the money. I am still going to mine on a weekly basis. I know he isn't just in it for the money because we referred someone with a sports injury. He checked him out and decided that he wasn't the person to help - no charge was made even for the first consultation. How many would be so genuine as that ? I know that I still have the fibromyalgia and suppose I always will, but with his treatment I am living a much more normal life. Walking the dog 3=4 miles twice a week. :dogchasecat1:
I've also now lost the tremendous constant drumming sound in my head through his bio resonance treatment. In fact I no longer wear my hearing aid. My concentration can sometimes still be pretty poor and possibly always will be, but heyho who cares, at least I have some kind of life again. I had lots of things in my body from bites and yeast infections which are now gone. Nows time to start shedding the pounds I put on from being so immobile. Wish me luck.
We have even booked a holiday. Something I couldn't have contemplated only a couple of months ago. Really wish everyone could experience the effect of this treatment. If I wasn't so happily married I think I could fall in love all over again. Haha :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance:
make a wish
UKFM Member

Postby smileyface » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:29 pm

hi, glad you are no longer disabled and it must be wodnerful to be out of the catergorys for benefits and to be able to work again etc through this treatment.
not the same as the fibromyalgia I have at all. S
smileyface
UKFM Member

Postby psychodead » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:53 pm

i think you should know that chirpractors are basically scammers. its all pseudoscience. look it up.
psychodead
UKFM Newbie

Postby diane1 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:21 pm

The problem for many of us it that we've got to the point were we've had to give up work and therefore are financialy unable to pay for such treatments , especially if they are needed weekly never mind monthly.

I think most of us would try anything to ease the pain if we could but fibro is constantly overlooked by the NHS. The pain clinics we attend are not solely for Fibro but we get in through the "backdoor" of the "Pain Clinic" so we find that some information given is not fibro safe !
We are told to use hot water therapy but as the funding for fibro in hydro pools has been cut we are told to join a gym, how are we supposed to pay ? Physio is another area which can benefit us but again we are thrown into a class that isnt all fibro sufferers and therefore not all the information is correct for us, but we will try anything for some relief.

However we are constantly told we need to help ourselves and exercise ,loose weight but with no resources.If only the powers that be could all swap places with us for a day i'm sure things would change immediately.

If you can afford to try this then go for it, it could just be the one things that helps.

Good Luck. :goodluck2:
Does an elephant with fibro fog ever forget ?
diane1
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:53 pm

Hi Make a wish , I don't know about the treatment you are having but good luck to you if it helps. I also have been able to avail of a wonderful chiropracter who was good at what he did and yet to me , very honest in a time when we can't often say it.

This was before FM but I went for a help for a sore back after many months not getting anywhere with the usual NHS channels. he said it might take 12 sessions, however after the 12th one although I felt better there was still more needing done. he then said to come back x2 a week but only charged for one session and after a few weeks I only had to pay every 3 visit. He got me walking again and for that I am very grateful.
My DD recently also went with me ,she had fallen off a chair in school a few years ago and he recommended a re-elighnment. After one session the massive bow was out of her back she had grown about 2 inches and no longer suffers sore backs and can sleep better at night! .....Plus she says her feet are more even when en point in ballet lol (important for a pink princess)

To those who feel they are all scammers perhaps they haven't had a good experience but even if it is a placebo effect.... go for it. if it helps and you can afford it, the power of the placebo has been shown time & time again to assist in the body re-eligning itself .

I agree with Diane 1 that it is expensive - for mine £25 per session and perhaps the NHS should review its usage more often I also agree that we are often the forgotton illness. For those who are even able to get in the back door of pain clinics/physio's good luck .

In my area I am not seen as an acute case and so resources are limited in both areas. If I therefore want anything I have to bite the bullet and pay for it myself but that is a personal choice and one I am still thankfully able to make for the moment but like many before me finances may soon dictate otherwise.

Hope things continue to improve Make a wish ...nice to hear someting positive.
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Return to Doctors & Health Services