Anybody know of a good GP Wellingborough area

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Anybody know of a good GP Wellingborough area

Postby spencebel » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:23 am

Does anybody know of a good GP in the Wellingborough area?
My practice is big, seen 3 docs so far (when i can get appt), i even asked at reception, they said don't know we not medical. :(
Last one a saw, she told me i could take up to 12 Gabapentin. Rheumy said max 6.
She also did not know much about pain us sufferers are in, i have problem with shoulder, she was so rough with me in her examination grabbing both arm's lifting them high in the air, to see what my movement was like. :evil:
spencebel
UKFM Member

Re: Anybody know of a good GP Wellingborough area

Postby shazq » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:27 pm

Hi
You could write to the practice manager to ask if any of the doctors in the surgery know or treat any other patients with fibromyalgia.
Another thing you could try is to ask your gp to refer you to a pain clinic if you have one in your area to help control your pain/meds.

Do you have a support group in your area? You could find out what gp surgery they attend. :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby spencebel » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:33 pm

Hi Shazq
I will try that thanks.
I am a member of the Northampton FM Group, they are amazing. I will ask at our next meeting.
Thanks again :-)
spencebel
UKFM Member

Postby spencebel » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:58 pm

Spoke to Practice manager, she even asked a doctor, non of the doctors specialize in Fm.
I have seen a gp that is in the gp list on our main site, he is in Raunds Northamptonshire, its really frustrating that you carn't choose to go to any surgery, and you have to go to the one which is in your catchment area. :(
I will have to move .Lol
spencebel
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:44 pm

I found this link the other day, if you put in your post code it will bring up all the Gp surgerys in you area, not sure if you have seen it?
It does not say if they are clued up on fibro :( but it might list more surgerys you never knew about?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13995#p150319
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Doctors & Health Services