My Medical Record TOTALY wrong !!

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

My Medical Record TOTALY wrong !!

Postby pixiecat » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:50 am

Hello everyone, :wave:

I had a gp appointment yesterday and from suggestions on this forum I took a list of my problems and how they effected me and asked if they could be put on my record, no problem with that, just had them scanned into my file :-)

Then I asked for a letter to send to DWP and Occupational therepist (for bathroom conversion) but as I had nearly used up my 15 mins consultation she said I'll print out your medical record you can send that it includes your illnesses and what taked about today ect, so I came home with it

When looking over I couldnt beleive what was and wasnt on it, I am so :waiting: that my details are not up to date and some important ones are left out, :scream-1:
My asthema isnt even on there and infact my "active problems" have been inactive from 2006 to 5/2012 so it looks like i havent been to docs with any probs for over 7 years, whats that about and when you read the bit on my health status most is old too even though I had one of those heart over 40's check up last year

If you look at my medication list it looks like I am taking loads of meds for no reason and that they just put them on repeat to keep me quiet,,I am so dam :too-upset: :shooting:

I have to go for a BIG load of bloods tomorrow so I will be seeing someone to get this sorted, no wonder I try to stick to the same doctor if I saw a different one they would think I was hyprcondriact :crazy: :crazy:

Must sit and try to calm down or I will put myself into a flare just worrying and getting angry about it.

Take care everyone and thanks for listening :hugs:

Lorraine
pixiecat

Re: My Medical Record TOTALY wrong !!

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:22 pm

That happened to a friend of mine...

He asked for the DLA info as he was rejected. On all the paperwork from his GP everything was put down as *NO RECORD* :shock: even tho he had been visiting the GP a few times a month everything over several years :shock:

Make sure in future everything gets noted down. I sneek a peek at the computer screen when they tap away to make sure :lol:

Failing that you could complain to the practice manager as you need the information stored.

I wonder if this is a wider problem which effects people and there benefits which is why i always stress that if you get turned down for dla or 0 points for ESA to see what your GP has put!!

Hope you can sort this out :hugs:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby pixiecat » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:49 pm

Thanks Lisa, I too try to watch what they put, but I think that bit is just noted on the visit part of my record
the bit I think she printed was a summery but a bad one at that, I am going to go through to find out what points are wrong
and see the practice manager to get it corrected and then get a print out to send
It does make you wonder what incorrect information they are giving out about you doesnt it. No wonder sometimes if I see a different doctor they seem puzzled about what I'm on about
Lorraine
pixiecat

Postby masonsbarms » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:56 pm

hi lorrain hope you get it sorted soon, and that you calm yourself down,

if your not happy take it further

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:46 pm

:goodluck1: getting it sorted Lorraine :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Doctors & Health Services