Good news???

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Good news???

Postby janni62 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:27 pm

Hi all. Just had a home visit from my GP who has told me this is as good as it's getting. Now he has mentioned an electric wheelchair, which would be the answer to my prayers.He has told me he was going to contact adult social care and in his words 'rattle a few cages.' Adult social care have already rung wanting to arrange an assessment visit. I just would like to know if anyone knows what happens next, am I likely to get a chair or is what my Dr says only classed as a recommendation. Dont want to get hopes up :-?
janni62
UKFM Newbie

Re: Good news???

Postby masonsbarms » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:34 pm

hi i dont know anythig about this,

but just wanted to say good luck hope you get it,
nice to share peoples good news

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby janni62 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:50 pm

Well thank you for the support :-) Well I would cross my fingers but it hurts too much ! will try and keep everyone posted with how things turn out, I am also going to ask that my entitlement to ESA is changed from WRAG to support and that my entitlement to DLA (low care only) is reassessed. Whew! A lot to take on :crazy: but I refuse to just give up here.
janni62
UKFM Newbie

Postby masonsbarms » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:13 pm

thats it jan keep fighting for what you need to make life easyer xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:36 pm

Hi
:goodluck1: With your assessment Janni. It might be to discuss the wheelchair & see which type is best suited to you. :hugs:

I have only had an assessment from an OT, they came out to my home and put in aids to make things easier for me.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:22 pm

:fingerscrossed: from me too, hopefully the assessment will be a formality and they will go on your docs recommendations
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby loubie » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:54 pm

:goodluck2: :bear-dancing:
nice to read something getting done :blowkiss:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:17 pm

:goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby janni62 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:46 pm

Back again.. Had assessment from adult social care. Very nice lady who is arranging to fit grab rails, a shower seat and stool, raised loo seat with handles AND a straight backed armchair which is hoped will let me get comfortable somewhere other than propped up in bed. She also told me that when I have the next assessment which will be for the wheelchair I will also get my embarrasing personal needs supplied as well. Been a bit shellshocked by how much help they say they are going to give me to be honest :ide :shock: : :yikes:
I just pray quietly that the wheelchair assessment gose as well as the care one seems to have gone... So feeling pretty happy until today, there's always a down side isn't there?
:cry: Looked up Red cross and asked about borrowing a wheelchair. It said on the website that they Loaned equipment for a contribution. I saw a chance to get out but was told that the 'contribution' is £25 and the chair is £15 a week. Seems to me that this isn't really charity just a rental service like all of the others. Sorry bout rant, I just think that it was misleading and it's yet another thing I just can't afford to do.
Anyway.. I will get to see a qualified benefits advisor (I'm told) to sort out my money, I was told something I want to pass on, she said never put in a new claim for ESA or DLA as a way to report changes in your health, it will automatically cancel your current claim and as the Government keep moving the goalposts you could actually lose your entitlement and be in an even worse situation than before you did it.
Sorry feel a bit low and lonely tonight, rambled on a bit ! Will see what happens over the next few weeks. :-|
I'll keep smiling though :-D I have got to travel 350 miles in October to see my eldest son and his lovely lady get hitched, dreading journey but will also be first time I've met two of my grandchildren. So much to smile about . night everyone xx :sleep:
janni62
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:49 am

Hi Janni, sounds very promising, dont worry I think you will get your chair. Glad you are going to get your money sorted out too, someone else said something about having to pay quite a bit to the red cross, bit steep for people who dont have much disposable income :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: You rant away, I hope you feel a little brighter in the morning :hugs: :hugs:

How wonderful to go and meet your grandchildren as well as seeing your son and partner get married, I hope you have a thoroughly wonderful time :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby cherrybee » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:26 pm

Hi Janni, great to hear wheels are in motion for you getting extra help,
how lovely that you will get to meet your grandchildren, all the very best :-D
cherrybee
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services