ATOS Medical come through...

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

ATOS Medical come through...

Postby darkcyde » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:14 pm

Hi all - I'm a regular visitor and contributor.

I've FINALLY got my medical appointment for my ESA (although I'm not actually receiving ANY money from them whatsoever!)....they are coming to me this wednesday.....only received the letter this lunchtime!!

Obviously, I'm extremely worked up especially considering I've just a major psychlogical episode which led to me nearly commiting suicide. I've been diagnosed on a severe level of Fibro, and as such I depend on my wife for almost everything, so needless to say she will be there. I'm due to see a Psychologist on an urgent basis due to the recent breakdown.

My question is, we can give them supporting evidence to take away with them right? Can we give them a complete statement from my wife and I covering just about everything to ensure that all information is included?
Diagnosed : ME/FM, CFS,CPS, IBS, ADHD : Medications : Mirtazapine 45mg, Paracetamol 4gram a day, Omeprazole 40mg, Dompperidone 30mg, Morphine (tabs) 120mg, Morphine (liquid) 100mg twice a day
darkcyde
UKFM Member

Re: ATOS Medical come through...

Postby millymoodoo » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:43 pm

Hi Darkcyde

Oh bless you, you are really having a bad time right now. My understanding is Atos should be giving you much more notice than 2 days!!! Sometimes it is better to get it all over and done with but if you are not comfortable with them coming this wednesday i am sure they would have to rebook the appontment. Any additional information at all that you can get would be beneficial afterall your wife is there all the time and who better to tell them as it is. It would be better if your wife put it in black and white so that you can keep a copy as Atos Dr's tend not to write down how your disability affects you. So a thorough statement detailing how your disability affects you would be perfect and hopefully the Dr will look back at that once he has left your house.

Would it be possible to get a report from any of the medical people that are currently treating you including your GP? When you visit your GP its very difficult to remember everything you want to say and especially as you only get 10 minutes with them, so i typed a 5 page report on how my life is affected by my disabilty in detail and the problems i encountered and my GP was pleased i had done that as she was able to scan this to my notes and read in her own time. It is also useful when your GP is asked to complete reports from DWP/DLA or anyone else that wants them as they have all the details in front of them. It also helps if a Dr that doesn't really know you has to complete a report. In fact my GP has suggested this to other patients who have several disabilities as they don't know how each problem affects you and your day to day life, they know what is wrong with you but they don't know how you are affected. I am so very lucky as i have an excellent GP who is young and appreciates that everybody is different we don't all follow the text book pattern. Whatever you give them please keep a copy. I also keep a copy of all hospital appointments that i have should i need them.

I really hope you are feeling a little better and that everything goes well with the Atos Dr. You can never give them too much information. My thoughts are with both yourself and your wife. Good luck!!

Milly xx :-)
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Re: ATOS Medical come through...

Postby darkcyde » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:06 pm

thanks for your quick response and support. yes, things are not too good at the moment and to get this on top right now was just typical.

the doctor coming is a Dr Johnson, so at least he is not a middle european imported resource....no offence to any middle euros reading this.

can i record the medical on a dictaphone do you think? obvious legal issue here.

my gp is excellent and continues to support me even though i am no longer in his catchment area. i think he would supply me with anything i want, but 2 days isnt fair on him and to be honest i just want to get it over and done with!
Diagnosed : ME/FM, CFS,CPS, IBS, ADHD : Medications : Mirtazapine 45mg, Paracetamol 4gram a day, Omeprazole 40mg, Dompperidone 30mg, Morphine (tabs) 120mg, Morphine (liquid) 100mg twice a day
darkcyde
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services