ESP

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

ESP

Postby Cuddles6 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:51 pm

I took myself off to casualty today as have a terribly swollen knee. Been getting worse for 3 weeks. My doctor told me to take paracetamol 2 weeks ago. No good. The hospital doctor examined it today and said that he thinks it is Arthritus even though I am young to have it. I went for an X Ray and it came back as normal! Well we are used to this but I have been given an appointment at the fracture clinic in 10 days. It also says on the letter that there will be an ESP on the orthopaedic team. Is this the person that I need to get on my side for a diagnosis? Incidently I have recently had my Thyroid removed because of Hashimotos desease which is also an autoimmune illness.
Thanks.

:-D
Cuddles6
UKFM Member

Re: ESP

Postby shazq » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:45 pm

Hope you get some answers when you are seen in the clinic cuddles :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Re: ESP

Postby denys » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:09 pm

I didnt know what an ESP was so have googled it, its a physiotherapist with extended scope they are able to order tests and help to decide a plan of treatment etc. so I would think they are the person you want onside. Good luck with your appointment and I hope they can help give you a plan that works for you :fingerscrossed:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Doctors & Health Services