gp willing to help

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

gp willing to help

Postby masonsbarms » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:24 pm

hi, i have been to see gp, today who has taken me over (old gp retired) i have seen him before and he is very fibro friendly.

i told him about my brain not working lately and bumping into things as they were starting to worry me and got very angry with myself.

he said that it was probable due to being over tired as i have had a lot on at work, but said he would arange for me to be tested for memory and co-ordination even if it was only to ease my mind.

but he did say that he belives that when we have fm we should be tested more for mind deteriation as there is not enogh known about why it makes us foggy and if it is degenerative. and he would like to help me cope as much as he can,

told me to apply for blue badge and he would back it, to make life easier.

he even wrote down the results of blood tests so i wouldnt forget.

just thoght i would say that it was nice to be listend to and supported when you read so much about gps not listening or understanding.

must say he is a younger gp .

so i will let you know if im booloo or just foggy.

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Re: gp willing to help

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:38 pm

Sounds like you've got a nice new GP there MB :blowkiss: :blowkiss: It makes such a difference doesn't it. I've found that the younger GPs, consultants etc do have a much more open and positive approach to FM. I make sure I always see the same one as I know what he's like.

:goodluck2: :goodluck2: with the blue badge :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

As for whether you're booloo or foggy, just be glad you haven't reached my point yet :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Seriously tho, hope it will give you some answers and make you feel a little more settled about things :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: gp willing to help

Postby masonsbarms » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:19 pm

hi, thanks fluppy, i will make sure i see him in future.

just get a bit melodramatic sometimes i think, nana had alzimers, but in my rational moments i know deep dowm its just foggy,

but if i have it done now, i will have something to compare to if things do get worse.

again thanks xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Return to Doctors & Health Services