Been told by GP to go home and google symptoms!

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Been told by GP to go home and google symptoms!

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:14 am

What it is to be a GP these days eh!

Good ole googly must be the doctors best invention!! :roll:

If you cant be assed or time is running out get the patient to google there own symtoms!!

Yet i bet if i went to him and said *iv googled my pain and google says iv had a heart attack* he'd soon be moaning!!

I happen to mention i was gettin these chest spasms/thuds whatever :crazy: thought it was in connection with the reflux yet GP reackons i am experiencing eptopic heart beats.

GP *Do you know what eptopic heart beat are?*

Me *No* :crazy:

GP *Have you a computer*

Me *yea*

GP *Look it up and you'll see*

Me *er ok* :shock:

GP *come back later for ECG*

Wouldnt have taken his 2 mins to explain what it is ffs!!

Must be on a 3 figure sum yet got to home home and google my own symptoms!!

:face-slap:

Wont be seeing him again!

:pull-hair: :pull-hair: :pull-hair: :pull-hair:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Re: Been told by GP to go home and google symptoms!

Postby denys » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:17 pm

Useless *** what if you had said no sorry dont have a computer :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: some docs need to retire pretty quickly :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:34 pm

I just hope that he doesn't decide to join the ranks of Atos doctors doing the home visits after he retires :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: Really would be a case of computer saying no :scream-1: :scream-1: :scream-1: :scream-1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby mizk » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:06 pm

your not the only one that is how i was diagnosed with fibro the doc told me to go home google fibro and ME and then come back and tell me which one i had. You have to wonder what we are paying these people for
mizk
UKFM Member

Postby SarahNewbery » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:08 am

Same I've been to over 7 different doctors over 2 years and they are all the same they just told my I was over weight and that's why I was in so much pain now they have said I have Fibro they still don't want to help they said I should take antidepressants tried that before when a doctor said I had something called polyblablabla lol all that means is many joint pains even though I said I have pain everywhere he still said I have it. When I told the lady I don't want to take medicine that diesnt work and told her I'm trying to get preg she was really funny saying now I could never think of having a baby, I am nearly 26 and would love another baby I will not let doctors make me feel completely creepeled.

P.s

Everyone told me to go to a different doctor before I knew what I had family,friends even nurses at nhs direct and even a doctor at worcester hospital said they are not doing their job go to a diff doc I did and they are still rubbish I'm at my second doctors surgery now there is not another one for like 10 miles lol
SarahNewbery
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:44 pm

Take no notice its not up to anyone to tell you whether or not you should have a child! These doctors think there something. Im now being moaned at continuously for being overweight! :face-slap: yes i know i will feel loads better but i have no offer of support from GP yet he knows how difficault it is for me with my situation. :roll:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Iceskatemum » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:14 pm

Lisa,
I hate the way doctors and other medical professionals look at you when you are over weight.

I would love to loose weight , I have been to various weight classes and paid lots of money to play ping pong with the same 5lb. One week I've lost 2 lb , then put 1lb on then lost 3lb etc. but when you ask the Dr for help all you get is the stock reply "eat less exercise more " I wish it was so simple. There is currently lots of support out there on the NHS for those wanting to give up smoking but there is little or no help for those of us who want to loose the weight.

I have put on so much weight and gone up 4 dress sizes since being on some drugs and really think they are at the route of the problem.

I found a great word on the web for weight that has been gained due to perscription drugs only problem is ...can't remember it due to fog :lol: :lol:
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Return to Doctors & Health Services