FM/ME/CFS clinic

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

FM/ME/CFS clinic

Postby tabithakat64 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:49 am

Has anyone been to this clinic?
If so what was your experience like and what treatment were you given?
tabithakat64
UKFM Member

Re: FM/ME/CFS clinic

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:07 pm

I've just had my letter come thru for our local CFS/ME services to tell me a slot has now become available for me, so not been yet. When I had my assessment tho, I was told that the aim of the sessions was to learn strategies for me to live with CFS/ME more effectively. Areas that were mentioned included exercise, esp graded exercise with the aim of increasing what I can do and for how long, advice on diet and changes that could be made to help improve it, and working on the psychological side of things.

No doubt there were other things mentioned, but I can't recall them at the moment. Have you been referred to the clinic or are you going to ask if you can be??
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: FM/ME/CFS clinic

Postby Fender » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:17 pm

Hi
I am 12 months into an 18 month program with the clinic.
It does help especially talking to someone who understands and can give you some tips and help.
I have just been diagnosed by rhuematology as having fibromyalgia and hyper mobility joint syndrome so trying to get my head around this new condition.
Good luck and hope it helps
D x
Fender
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services