Hand surgery

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hand surgery

Postby lolabolla » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:49 am

Hi all,

I had surgery to remove a bening tumour from the base of my forefinger on the 4th Sept and it hurts like h*ll, anyway.

I have had appointment letters from hospital that the stitches need to come out on the 21st and that I will be having phisio on the 18th.

This doesn't sound quite right to me as this means the stitches will have been in for 18 days :yikes:

Of couurse I will contact the hospital tomorrow but in the meantime, has anyone else had this type of surgery and is it quite normal to leave the stitches in for that length of time.

Thanks, Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Re: Hand surgery

Postby lolabolla » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:17 pm

So I phoned the hospital and yes the stitches do have to stay in for at least 2 weeks.

Rather than wait till the 21st when I will be seeing the surgeon again I will be having the stitches out at my doctors surgery on the 18th as I also have an appointment for physio on my hand on the same day.

To be honest I wish that I had never had the op in the first place because this pain is so bad, I would not wish it on my worse enemy.

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:33 pm

Hope the pain starts to ease off soon and you get some benefit from the op!!

Sent from LaaLaaLand by PinkiWinkiFone!!
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby diane1 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:44 pm

lollabolla

As if we dont have enough to put up with plus the pain we feel is greater than people without fibro which also doesnt help. I hope things get better for you soon it must be hard to type on here as well.

I'd try :wine: then :beer: then :wine: :cake: followed by :coffee_cup:

Good Luck
Does an elephant with fibro fog ever forget ?
diane1
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services