Even more confused!

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Even more confused!

Postby Mrs_close » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:44 pm

Was diagnosed with FM in may by gp after over 10 years of suffering. When i was diagnosed i told the gp i wasnt sure it was fm as i dont have the trigger points but this was ignored. Been to see gp this morning to get more meds as im still at the 'try these see if they do anything' stage and it wasnt my usual gp so had to go over all my history again and have been referred to a muscularskeletol clinic as he, like me doesnt think its fm. Ive already had tests for different types of arthiritis and it isnt that. MS has been mentioned a few times and now i am petrified but also angry as i feel like im back at square 1 and still dont know whats going on. Anyone else have a similar situation?
Sorry for the essay but i really didnt know where else to turn xx
Cashelle
Mrs_close
UKFM Member

Re: Even more confused!

Postby Fender » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:35 pm

Hi I understand your frustration. I have been given a few diagnoses now including FM, ME/CFS and hyper mobility. Everyone gives a label they like and can relate to but it confuses the heck out of me as they all have different way to treat you.
Hope you get some answers soon
Take care Dawn
Fender
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:22 pm

Not sure how I missed this one Cashelle, been having a few more Gremlins appear so I'll blame them for it :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Altho the tender points are usually taken as one of the signs of FM, there are a number of people who don't have them, or only have a few of them, so it is possible that you could have FM. Hopefully when you get to see the muscularskeletal bods you'll get some more definite answers :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

I know it's far easier said than done, but try not to worry while you're waiting for your appt. The more you worry, the worse it will make you feel :grouphug: :grouphug:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Even more confused!

Postby Mrs_close » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:32 pm

Thanks for your replies just starting to feel like im back at square one. When the first doc said fm i was glad in a way because finally after all these years and tests i finally thought they knew what was wrong. Hoping the appointment will come through quickly as it gives me less time to think about it x
Cashelle
Mrs_close
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:19 pm

Hi Cashelle, i didnt belive i had fibro for months after i was told. i never had tender points its been a year since i was told , and guess what i have tender points everywhere,all my blood test are clear.and i still get days where i sit and think im sure this has to be something else something big there missing. point is i think when u find out u have this and theres nothing they can do to cure it and u cant get benefit u hope and pray its something else .cose alot of the time ppl with fibro are made to feel like actors on a stage in a really bad play lol.and yes it take months to find something that gives u pain relife , so chin up girl your not alone x
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services