[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Flu Jabs

Flu Jabs

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Flu Jabs

Postby shazq » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:34 pm

It`s that time of the yr again, flu jabs are being done so dont forget to ask your surgery if you qualify for one.

It is worth asking your surgery, not every surgery will give you the jab just for fibro but some area`s do. :goodluck1:

Got mine tomorrow. :-D
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Re: Flu Jabs

Postby masonsbarms » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:50 pm

hi, have you had them before i was offerd one last year but had heared storys of peole feeling realy ill after so it put me off.

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby maxtomads » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:50 pm

My gp has listed me for flu & pneumonia - going next week. He really takes the fm seriously, I'm very fortunate with him.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
maxtomads
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:59 pm

I have been having them for yrs now, i have never had any side affects from the jab but my OH does feel flu-ish for a couple of days then he is fine.

My whole family can catch flu but i never catch it off them since having the jab, sometimes i feel like i am going to come down with it but nothing appears.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:23 pm

DOH!! :facepalm: I missed our "Flu Fayre" this week where the local surgeries all come together and do it all together. Going to have to see if I can get it done at the surgery, along with the pneumalcoccal thing I've been offered as well :facepalm: :facepalm:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby charley » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:05 pm

I can't decide if I should get it this year or not. I qualify anyway because of my asthma. But when I had it last year I got really ill afterwards...I know that can happen because the vaccination is a weak form of the flu...
There are pros and cons - miss a few days of lectures coz of illness or risk missing longer if I don't....I don't tend to get the flu (touch wood) but I always get really bad colds which hit me just as bad......Any tips?
charley
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:22 pm

No 1 son would always maintain that he doesn't have asthma he grew out of it years ago adn yet he get offered the flu jab every year . The years he hasn't taken them up on the offer he gets teh flu and is in bed for ages with very bad chest infection as well . realy too it out of him.

Even if you react to the jab it isn't anything like you would react to a bout of the flu. Good luck might have to see about getting mine done at one of the big chemists if they still offer them ( for a price of course) as not on GP list for NHS one.
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:15 pm

shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby charley » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:53 pm

Are you able to have it done during the half term?

We don't get half term at uni! Which in a way im glad about, it means longer xmas and easter, and in a way is kind of annoying because I could do with a break!!
And I'm not sure if what I get is a really really bad cold or the flu, because some of the symptoms are flu-like...Last year I still got really ill anyways, to the point where my hand was glued to my inhaler and I was still crashed out on the sofa...may have to go and have a chat with the nurse at the med centre at uni about it....
charley
UKFM Member

Postby lolabolla » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:43 pm

I've been having flu jabs for the past 3 years due to being on the diabetes list at our GP's.

I must be pretty fortunate to have never suffered with any problems after having the jab, just a bit of a sore arm but when you have fibro, where doesn't it hurt :crazy:

I don't think that I have ever had 'the flu' to be honest..............No really, I have never ever 'touch wood' 'fingers and toes crossed' ever had the flu.

I've had plenty of chest infections etc., but I can honestly say, no flu.

Watch this space though :yikes:

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby maxtomads » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:35 pm

I get the jab annually due to mitral valve problems. This year my fm symptoms have really flared since I had it done - may be coincidence as have other major stresses going on at same time.

maxtomads
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:28 pm

After this post checked at my GP surgery but as FM wasn't on the receptionist list of conditions couldn't qualify for one on the NHS. :-?

Had to take my DD into town yesterday and we managed to find a disabled parking space outside Boots Chemist & they were advertising Flu jabs. Went in to find out more and came out 15min later having had the jag ! :yikes:

Obviously had to pay for it but if it stops me having full blown flu , :sick: it is £11.99 well spent. Feel a bit off colour today but think that is just having done too much over the last few days.

Others might want to check if thier nearest big chemist is also offering this service. Pity we can't all get it at the GP's though.
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby Mog29 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:21 pm

I'm having my flu jab on Thursday aswell as my blood sugars done.
Touch wood I haven't had a reaction to the flu jab in the last 3 years other then a very sore arm for days afterwards.
Last time I had flu was when my second son was two weeks old, me,my baby and my toddler had it. It was bloody awful :(
Mog29
UKFM Member

Postby DonnaLily » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:23 pm

DonnaLily
UKFM Member

Postby Maxisback » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:35 pm

Thought it might make you laugh to find out that I didn't qualify for a flu jab but my partner who is my helper did!! Go figure :-p
Maxisback
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Doctors & Health Services