Private Pension Farce

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Private Pension Farce

Postby diane1 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:08 am

Hi Folks Di here again

Well went for an appeal hearing on wednesday for my private pension it was the last hope of getting it. Unfortuneatley I have been battling to get it for a year now and despite 2 consultants sending in reports stating I wont work again they keep saying [size=150]NO[/size.

Another problem is my medicals have been by ATOS as my work use them for Ill health issues and my Pension Provider is CAPITA say no more. How unlucky can you get :?:

The hearing was by an independant source (I did check this out) and seemed to go ok. They had no issues with fibro and that I had it or that its life long and chronic condition. The oly problem they had was if I would by some miracle improve within the next 13 years enabling me to return to work. It seems they would use this on a balance of probabilities decision and one of the factors was the length of time I had had fibro against how long was left to retirement and how my condition has worsened etc in time to now.

Going through the details they said "so records show youve had fibro for about 10 years" but having got my GP records back to 1988 we had noticed that in fact they were considering fibro as far back as 1990 due to ongoing similar problems. Its seems that Capita hadnt supplied this information to the appeal board despite it being sent to them by myself.Luckily I had taken a copy which I happily supplied them with. It raised concerns with the appeal board as it was a key part of the information needed for the decision. Eyebrows were raised by the board panel and I hope this will help in their decision.

It shows the lengths Capita will go to, to not pay out what we are due.

I now have to wait 2 to 4 weeks for the decision as the appeal board send it to capita whon in turn send it to my ex manager who in turn sends it to me. Another lengthy unnecessary process which costs again.

I thought id post this as a warning to others to get a copy of your gp records and you'll be suprised at what you see. I had no idea fibro was considered 22 years ago and it makes a difference to your diagnosis as fibro and its permenancy is determined on time.

I'll let you all know how it goes .

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
Does an elephant with fibro fog ever forget ?
diane1
UKFM Member

Re: Private Pension Farce

Postby millymoodoo » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:45 am

Hi

How do you go about getting a copy of your records from your gp and is there a cost involved in this? I moved to a new gp just over a year ago as i moved house, but there has been a problem getting my records transferred over from my previous gp and to date my current gp still has not got any of my medical history which is quite worrying. It seems that my records are sat in a black hole somewhere so not sure how i would get all my notes anyway, but it would be very useful to see what is in my record especially in light of your post i really dont want to end up in the same situation as i also have a private pension. Saying that if my records are not available to my gp they will certainly not be available to anyone else, but am concerned as to what would happen in this situation if there is no way of retrieving them!!!

Milly sends doggy love and licks to Maisie xxx

Milly xxx :-D
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Re: Private Pension Farce

Postby diane1 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:23 pm

Hi Milly

Maisie is asleep right now I think shes conserving her energy as I have a feeling birth is iminent.

I got my gp reports through a solicitor who helped me but she told me that anyone can ask to see their records under the data protection act. You just need to request it at your gps practice and a date is set for you to go in an look through them.

If yours have gone missing i'd ask the local pct to investigate. Alot of records are now on computer systems so your new gp should have them at least. I was suprised when I saw my records and saw the word fibro back in 1990. It not only hindered me when working as any time off was taken as ordinary sick when if I had known they would have had to take the fibro into account and extend any sick leave entitlement. Also your records dont have to say fibro as it was less well known then but anything like muscular skelital or investigations into lupos or arthritis also counts as this was the process used back then for our condition.

I was also suprised that my pension provider had kept back this information from the appeal board. The medical report they got was by one of their drs who was a fibro nonbeliever so you can imagine the report content.Funnily his report wasnt left out of the appeal boards information.

If you need any help with it just inbox me and ill try to help you.
Does an elephant with fibro fog ever forget ?
diane1
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services