told to be grateful!!!

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

told to be grateful!!!

Postby wildbird » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:30 pm

Hi, I was given Lyrica medication by my rhymotlogist two weeks ago and he said he would write to my GP to tell him how and what to up the dose too over the next few months......well went to GP today, told me "did I know how expensive this medication was,and I want to be grateful he will give me a script for it" Rhymotlogist also recommanded I staarted a course of SRNIS, but GP refused point blank to even discuss this.....think I need a new GP!!!!! Was wondering if anyone else had taken Lyrica and if sos how did it work or effect you! I currently take 75mg twice daily to be upped to 300mg twice daily, don't know a huge amount about this drug and a little worried about upping the dose x
wildbird
UKFM Newbie

Re: told to be grateful!!!

Postby geniejack » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:45 pm

Hi,
I've been on Lyrica/Pregablin for about 2 yrs.Originally i was taking 300mg in the morning and 300mg at night.Did absolutely nothing for my pain but it did increase my weight :roll: so I now just take 300mg at night as it helps me go to sleep and into a lovely deep sleep :sleep: I am no longer under a Rheumatologist as he said my GP can manage my pain relief.

April xxx
geniejack
UKFM Newbie

Postby wildbird » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:52 pm

Hi thanks for the reply, That is a huge concern of mine, putting on weight, I know it sounds really shallow but I have recently lost nearly 3 stone and do not want to put it back on. x
wildbird
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:21 am

Big weight gain for me too, but have been on it for a couple of years as well and never been told I need to be grateful for being allowed it :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby isitme » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:22 am

i take gabapentin, which i think is an alternative but similar to that one for nerve pain as well.

plus a cocktail of other stuff. gps are so annoying.
:-)
isitme
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services