Think i have fibro or worse

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Think i have fibro or worse

Postby spencebel » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:22 pm

Keep a diary of ALL symptoms. Go back to GP.......
Take Care, try not to worry..
spencebel
UKFM Member

Postby Flash » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:57 pm

Hi, :welcome: to the forum. As already mentioned, keep a diary of daily occurances and take it too your GP. Be honest with yourself and try not to worry too much, you have had the right check ups to determine you are not going to die. Too much anxiety will make you feel worse as it does anyone.

Make a list from head to toe of all your symptoms, so you don't forget anything. Ask your GP to refer you to a neurologist concerning the numbness and dizziness and then maybe a rheumatologist regarding joint pains. Take the list to the rheumy.

I have some but not all of the symptoms you have mentioned, it varies from person to person and how the condition came about and what other conditions are present. No one here can say whether you have F/M or not but many can understand your pain, exhaustion, confusion and worry.

Take care and good luck with your GP.
Flash
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:20 am

Hi and :welcome: to the forum I agree with the others keep a diary of your symptoms and take it with you to your appointment, tell your doctor that you missed your appointment and see if they will give you a fit note for the JC if they will it may help you avoid sanctions.

Ring the JC again and tell them you have a doc appointment due to how poorly you are feeling see what they say :dunno: :dunno: hope you get some answers soon
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:00 am

Write a list of the things you want to discuss, see if you can increase your appointment to a double one. Make your list concise, the docs do have a limited time to talk to patients as if they let everyone keep talking they would never get through the list :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: good luck and let us know how you get on, hope you get some answers
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Doctors & Health Services